Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What engine for sierra 4x4 donor
rickys2000

posted on 21/5/06 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
What engine for sierra 4x4 donor

I am shortly going to get a cheapo Sierra 4x4 for for a few bits and bobs but mostly the V5...

I would imagine there will be quite a few other bits available if not most of the car. So, when I do this what is the better engine model to go for, 2.0l or 2.9l, so I can at least pass the engine/box/diff etc on and it can be of use to someone.

Thanks

Ricky

Liam

posted on 21/5/06 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say definately a 2 litre if you can. Niether of them are gonna get you big money for the engines I wouldn't have thought, but the 2 litre has the same gearbox and thick front prop shaft as the cossies - so you can add the appropriate cossy tax for the ebay sale. V6 4x4 boxes go for 99p, but I got over 100 quid for a 2 litre box with cossy tax . The front and rear diffs are 3.92s as opposed to the 3.62s in everything else 4x4. I'm using 3.92s in my car and wouldn't mind some spares. I guess you'll probably want to shift the whole rear axle as an assembly for a nice 120 odd quid, which i couldn't justify, but I'd be up for the 3.92 front for peanuts please!!

Cheers

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
froggy

posted on 21/5/06 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
if you get a v6 il have the box and front shafts ,if its a 2 litre then il have the front prop off you, with cossie tax (thanks liam!)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.