Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Disposal of Donor
John.Taylor

posted on 11/5/06 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Disposal of Donor

As you can see from the photo, I have completely stripped my donor Sierra and now need to get rid of it, but what do I do next?

As I’m using a single donor + Indy chasis/bodywork, I intend to get an age related plate so I’ve cut out the chassis No. and Vin plate for safe keeping.

The Sierra is on a SORN and I have the V5 in my name, but what do I need to do with it when I get rid of the vehicle.

Do I have to fill in the V5 section saying that I have scrapped the vehicle? If so, will this then show up on the DVLA computers and prevent me getting an age related plate?

Do I fill it in saying that someone else is scrapping the vehicle on my behalf?

Or

Do I forget about the paperwork until I’m ready to register my Indy? Rescued attachment Scrap.JPG
Rescued attachment Scrap.JPG

graememk

posted on 11/5/06 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
wow the guy next door to me would go mentel if i had that on my drive way, you must have 1, a very understanding wife 2, very nice neighbours.

as for the car i havent a clue i was lazy and bought mine ready stripped as i want a Q.

robertst

posted on 11/5/06 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
dont declare the car as scrapped until you have registered the indy.

after the locost is taken care of, then declare the sierra as scrap. thats the general consensus over here.

Tom

andyace

posted on 11/5/06 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Keep the V5 and just keep declaring it SORN.

Get the shell disposed of after removing the VIN plates, chassis number etc. but dont declare it scrapped

[Edited on 11/5/06 by andyace]

Marcus

posted on 11/5/06 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Agree with above.
DVLA will take care of the paperwork when you register Indy. Just keep it SORN.
To dispose of shell, either cut it up into bite sized chunks and take to dumpit site (which is what we did) or ring a scrapyard up they'll collect it and maybe even pay you! (what we should have done!)

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mitch2b

posted on 11/5/06 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
as others have said, keep it sorn'd, dont declair it scrapped,
as for shell, if you can take it to the local scrappie, and they will give you £50, or ring council up and they will remove it for you for free.
(or at least they do in Blackburn)
HTH
Mitch

MikeR

posted on 11/5/06 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
I got a local (ish) scrap metal / skip hire company to take it. There where a bit iffy about me keeping the v5. Showed it was registerered to me and there where ok. Charged me 20 quid for the privilage and it was quite emotional when they drove it away (i'd had it for a few years).

One warning - you'll probably find your axle stands are sinking into your tarmac. Get some wood underneeth to spread the load.

John.Taylor

posted on 11/5/06 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks all.

Will keep SORNing until Indy registered.

Just arranged to get it removed this afternoon. Paying them £10 for diesel seen as we live out in the sticks and the only people willing to have it are coming from Bolton!

Chorley BC have a car amnesty at the moment where they will remove cars for free - but only those that have wheels and can be towed!!! Damn!

andyace

posted on 11/5/06 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Putting the shell on the drive for the scrap man to collect was the best bit of stripping the donor.

The look of horror on the wifes face was a picture and the twitching curtains when it was hoisted away on a crane.

whitestu

posted on 11/5/06 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Mine was declared scrapped as it a condition of collecting it by the local council. Does that just mean a Q plate or does it mean more difficulty in registration?

Thanks

Stu

coozer

posted on 31/5/06 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Bought my donor with mot for £46, stripped everything off including cutting the front off with a sthil saw then advertised it in the yellow and Bingo! first call took it for the interior for £30. Result man!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.