Board logo

Greetings from the colonies!
Gunner1 - 27/1/16 at 05:15 PM

Hi all,

Nice to be back and this is timely as I am close to re-engaging with the locost. Zetec 7 has almost caught up with me on his build and I can't let him pass me...LOL

I have not posted since 2009 when I retired. Since that time, (after wandering around in a housecoat for a couple of years) I have since gone back to work and re-retired. I think I am more than ready to re-engage with the locost (2 +2+4 McSorley frame), which has been patiently waiting on it's wheels. I have faithfully oiled and turned the Zetec so it should be fine. Next challenge is to make sure all of the tabs are welded and strip it for paint. Thus far I have been very pleased with the look of POR Engine Enamel. Very much like a shiny powder Coat.

Not that I haven't been busy in the shop. I have installed a Rover 3500 with 5 speed and Datsun 240Z diff into my Gt6. I have posted the video that Zetec 7 (a neighbor) and I did. here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1m0alKUHYY.

If the link does not work, Google GT8 Video 001 or search it on Youtube.

Also, just finishing a full nut and bolt, frame off restoration on a 1969 Triumph TR6 out of California.

Gunner1
Victoria BC

Benzine - 27/1/16 at 05:42 PM

Nice triumph!

snapper - 27/1/16 at 06:16 PM

Very nice twist to the GT6 options
I like it