Leave it

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Year - New Poll - A New Beginning
CairB

posted on 2/1/06 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
New Year - New Poll - A New Beginning

I propose that the most viewed topic (MCOB) on this site be deleted.

I believe that this gives the wrong impression of what this site is about - the sharing of experience to the benefit of all.

Ian Pearson

posted on 2/1/06 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Couldn't agree more.
john_p_b

posted on 2/1/06 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
can't really see how it gives ppl the wrong idea about the forum, most of what is written in there is (or at least was the last time i looked but that was a long time back) ppls experience with other owners of 7's

i guess it all depends how you look at it, it can either be viewed as purely a bunch of wannabes slagging off the closest thing to the original 7 there is or it could be viewed as a show of how locost and other 7 replica owners come together as a comunity?

freedom of speech and all that though, my vote was to keep it

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

JoelP

posted on 2/1/06 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
the latest resurection of it was a caterham owner who was offended by it. Id vote delete it, but i dont think chris will. or you can petition locodude to delete it!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

zxrlocost

posted on 2/1/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
leave it there its the truth anyway
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Hellfire

posted on 2/1/06 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
I agree that the contents of the post are quite harmless and just peoples impressions of other marque owners and not necessarily Caterhams but I think it does give a bad impression of the forum and what we're about.

Imagine being greeted by a 'Miserable Locost/MK/MNR/Whatever Owning Bastards' thread on another 7 forum - It would hardly fill you with joy would it?

Whilst the thread has every right to exist, for the reasons mentioned above, maybe the categories of Most Viewed Thread and Longest Running Thread should be deleted. Lets face it, most of the stuff in there is just dross and not particularly relevant. Even the Top Posting Members category is pointless.

Like Joel said, the latest Caterham owner to join the forum was offended by it, as would most Caterham owners when they see this as the longest running and most viewed thread. Maybe thats why we have few Caterham owners contributing on this forum

I reckon that the Most Viewed Threads, Longest Running Threads and Top Posting Membersshould all get the chop, but as this isn't an option in the poll, I'll vote for deleting the thread

mookaloid

posted on 2/1/06 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
I agree that the contents of the post are quite harmless and just peoples impressions of other marque owners and not necessarily Caterhams but I think it does give a bad impression of the forum and what we're about.

Imagine being greeted by a 'Miserable Locost/MK/MNR/Whatever Owning Bastards' thread on another 7 forum - It would hardly fill you with joy would it?

Whilst the thread has every right to exist, for the reasons mentioned above, maybe the categories of Most Viewed Thread and Longest Running Thread should be deleted. Lets face it, most of the stuff in there is just dross and not particularly relevant. Even the Top Posting Members category is pointless.

Like Joel said, the latest Caterham owner to join the forum was offended by it, as would most Caterham owners when they see this as the longest running and most viewed thread. Maybe thats why we have few Caterham owners contributing on this forum

I reckon that the Most Viewed Threads, Longest Running Threads and Top Posting Membersshould all get the chop, but as this isn't an option in the poll, I'll vote for deleting the thread

Couldn't have put it better myself

Delete please

Mark

bob

posted on 2/1/06 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yup i agree with hellfire

Fozzie

posted on 2/1/06 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I agree too! Very well written Hellfire!

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

steve_gus

posted on 2/1/06 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
i agree with hellfire too.

leave the post, but delete the meaningless tables - would stop people getting 'posting envy' too

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 3/1/06 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
Numbers mean nothing

I'd be more than happy to see the "Anyone need a can " thread go.

Paul G

Ian Pearson

posted on 3/1/06 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
As has been said, numbers mean nothing. Having the number of posts registered does IMHO, encourage an enormous amount of meaningless drivel that is totally off topic. That does not mean that all high posters post irrelevent junk, far from it, but it does seem to encourage a certain nothingness in some peoples posts.
ReMan

posted on 3/1/06 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

I reckon that the Most Viewed Threads, Longest Running Threads and Top Posting Membersshould all get the chop

I aggree with this too...

How about replacing it with a who's online table?

[Edited on 3/1/06 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Tim 45

posted on 3/1/06 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, where did that who's online table go anyway, i thought he said it was coming back!

[Edited on 3/1/06 by Tim 45]

bob

posted on 3/1/06 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
Numbers mean nothing

I'd be more than happy to see the "Anyone need a can " thread go.

Paul G

I left it too late i can only look and admire

posted on 3/1/06 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Look on it as a lucky escape Bob.

They're common as muck.

Paul G

bob

posted on 3/1/06 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote

Mark Allanson

posted on 3/1/06 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
I have just joined the SW Se7en owners club, a friendly bunch, mainly Lotus and Caterham owners, welcomed me with my 'lowly' Locost with open arms.

I dread the time one of them does an internet search on 'Mark Allanson' and comes up with 'Miserable Caterham....'

Nuff Said

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Deckman001

posted on 3/1/06 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Just press the edit button on any bad posts to change them to more favourable coments, if they weren't in the first place !!

Jason

bob

posted on 3/1/06 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
I suppose its really up to the originator of the post as to wether its deleted and not chrisw.

zilspeed

posted on 3/1/06 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
I suppose its really up to the originator of the post as to wether its deleted and not chrisw.

Yes indeed - said the Father of the three word story....

Responsible for keeping people away from building their cars ?

Me ?

No way Jose................

Not any more

JoelP

posted on 3/1/06 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
dont worry pal, we havent forgotten your shameful act... many a good post was lost then.

ned

posted on 3/1/06 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
what they said ^^

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 3/1/06 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
what me?!

Genesis

posted on 3/1/06 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
As locodude (aka PTM) is now away in Sanyonglickdong 4x4 forum heaven - maybe ChrisG could approach him with a yardarm and ask him to delete the thread, afterall he still has internet access - what say you Chris?

[Edited on 3/1/06 by Genesis]

Going fishin'

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.