Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2008 cbr1000rr over fueling issues
mnr_blade

posted on 10/8/15 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
2008 cbr1000rr over fueling issues

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone on here can give me any further suggestions on what may cause an over fueling issue at low rpm's on my 2008 cbr1000rr engine fitted in my mnr... The problem began with slight popping and banging on the over run at low rpm's when warm but has gradually got worse. Now it struggles to idle past 1300rpm on a cold start too. I changed the plugs to begin thinking they were knackered, but still the same. I then removed the air filter even though it was clean, just to eliminate a restricted airflow, but still the same. I've spoken to a couple of people today and was told to remove the power commander and just run off the ecu, but still the same... I've reconnected the power commander and am going to try resetting the tps tomorrow, so whilst im there... Is there anything you guys suggest or has anyone suffered any similar problems in the past?! All comments will be highly appreciated!

Regards

Jamie

[Edited on 10/8/15 by mnr_blade]

jambojeef

posted on 11/8/15 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
Id suggest a vacuum leak somewhere - maybe a split hose or vacuum take off incorrectly blocked off or blocked and now loose?

Unfamiliar with your set-up specifically but that'd be first on my list.

Geoff

adithorp

posted on 11/8/15 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
That'd be my first thought too. An air leak causing it to be weak would/could give those symptoms. What colour were the plugs?

PS, Welcome to LCB

[Edited on 11/8/15 by adithorp]

[Edited on 11/8/15 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

mnr_blade

posted on 11/8/15 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, i'll go through the vacuum pipes later and have a look.. the plugs are a fluffy black indicating the over fuelling, but yet the other day it really struggled to idle, so stopped it and quickly whipped the plugs out and they were dripping with fuel..
adithorp

posted on 11/8/15 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Then it's probably not an air leak.

Is it OK at first when cold? Thinking cold start sticking on.
Has it been stood un-used for long? I've come across an R1 that had injectors stuck partially open from old fuel.

Might be worth a call to Andy Bates at AB Performance. What he doesn't know about CBR's isn't worth knowing.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

mnr_blade

posted on 11/8/15 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
It's just dropped its rpm's at lower revs, doesn't cut out at all or atleast hasn't yet. Runs rough when gently building the revs up, but then clears when giving it some beans. No, it's used often but have considered dodgy fuel, although would that cause it to over fuel? :/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.