Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: palmersport
swanny

posted on 23/3/16 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
palmersport

So a week today I'll be doing this: http://www.palmersport.com/

anyone on here done it? Any hints and tips?

Is there a prize for the slowest times? I might be in with a chance of that

spaximus

posted on 23/3/16 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Did it a few years ago and it was the best day ever. The instructors will push you to go as fast as you can safely do so.

Only tip, don't eat too much as after lunch an odd guy puked when in a car on slicks. Do not know which cars are there now, but at the time the Clio Cup racers were the best, sequential gearbox flat shifting up and down and three wheeling around the track.

Have a great day

swanny

posted on 23/3/16 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Current cars are Formula 3000, Landrover defender, ariel atom, caterham superlight, palmer jaguar lm, and bmw m4

i'm equal parts excited and terrified!

matt5964

posted on 23/3/16 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Best day you can buy, top instructors ( I had Bruno Senna a few years back for the jag on and got a prise for the fastest spin of the day, even during the spin he was asking me to shift up and give it some gas, after he explained that if I had reacted quicker we would have recovered after 270deg to continue after full spin. Shows racers brains are wired differently and reactions are so fast)

All the cars will be immense esp the f3000

Enjoy the day

[Edited on 23/3/16 by matt5964]

Luego velocity XT 2.0ltr 221.3bhp 178.9lbft

nick205

posted on 23/3/16 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Looks a good day to me - don't be scared and enjoy it.

I did an Elise day once at Thruxton. 2 sets of 4 laps with you driving, then 2 laps with the instructor driving. It's quite amazing what the cars can be made to do IF you have the skill and desire.

rodgling

posted on 23/3/16 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Did this last year (I won :-)), the F3000 is really really nice to drive, my favourite by miles. Karts (well, the kart track really) were a bit poor. The atoms are a let down, mine kept trying to swap ends under straight-line braking.

Very tiring, keeping focused is tough by the end.

johnH20

posted on 23/3/16 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
I did this for my 70th birthday, not quite the slowest but enormous fun. As above the instructors are fantastic and made the day for me. I did not get on with the F3000, first drive of the day and cold tyres but the LMP was my favourite, really got to grips with that. You get continuous real time updates on your lap times, just so everyone else can see. The Caterhams are fantastic as you might imagine but the BMW M4 is just brute force - if you like that kind of thing. Almost the highlight for me was the Landrover Experience, so unlike anything I had ever done. Amazing!
Hope you enjoy , I am thinking of going again.

Chaz

posted on 23/3/16 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
They don't show any prices on the website. Any ideas how much the full day costs?
jeffw

posted on 24/3/16 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
It was something in the region of £700 last time I looked.

matt5964

posted on 24/3/16 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chaz
They don't show any prices on the website. Any ideas how much the full day costs?

£984 inc vat

Web link below

http://www.palmersport.com/gift-vouchers.aspx

Luego velocity XT 2.0ltr 221.3bhp 178.9lbft

loggyboy

posted on 24/3/16 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Did you decide on an arm or a leg to pay for that?

Mistral Motorsport

mark chandler

posted on 24/3/16 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
£150 an hour, it's actually very good value with decent food, excellent instruction + go as fast as you can.

I won fastest single seater, around 40 of us when I went, it must have been 11 years ago now, it's an expensive operation new brakes every week on the cars

[Edited on 24/3/16 by mark chandler]

daniel mason

posted on 24/3/16 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Get out in the single seater! You will love it,but be careful on cold tyres. You will feel the tyres coming good after a few minutes if your pressing on a bit!
jeffw

posted on 24/3/16 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
I wore the skin on my elbows through while in the Formula Palmer Audi...they had put me the car wrong and my elbows where trapped against the side of the car....Went fastest but ended up in the back of the ambulance being treated !

johnH20

posted on 24/3/16 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
There are deals to be had. I am a regular MSV track day user and I am sure I did not pay more than £600 last year. But as above its worth it up to the price of an arm or leg. Enjoy.
swanny

posted on 31/3/16 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
got back in one piece!

had a great day, managed to win one of the sessions in the bmw m4 and pleased not to be the slowest.

really enjoyed the caterham auto-testing, would love to do more of that. the lmp and the f3000 were immense and i just wanted to get back in the f3000 and do another ten laps, first time without an instructor in that thing and it took a few to start to get the confidence back.

only 12 of us there yesterday so we did the rotation in the best order, m4 first, leading up to f3000 last. i wouldnt have wanted to do that first and someone on this thread reported!

great day. instructors pretty great throughout except for the landrover one who was clearly bored, hated off roading and mentioned it several times.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.