Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Good '7' roads in the South East
Deckman001

posted on 17/10/19 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Any Good '7' roads in the South East

Hi All,

As in the title, am getting a run out in a seven for a day and a half next week and was wondering if there any any roads i must drive it and any i should avoid like the plague ? Am looking around the Portsmouth to Dover area to make it easier for reply's.

Jason

jrod

posted on 17/10/19 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
North on the A32 up to A272 and head west. Thats my normal route.
nick205

posted on 18/10/19 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
A272 is a fantastic road - very popular with drivers and motorcyclists. Be careful though, it's often monitored by the boys in blue and a number of motorcyclists lose their lives on the road each year between Petersfield and Winchester.
peter030371

posted on 18/10/19 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
This is a good mix of roads and plenty of places to stop on the route for a cuppa/ bacon butty as needed

https://goo.gl/maps/Qfx8RnmGdXC8rZSF6

I have done both directions from home (I live in Hawkhurst) as early morning/ evening runs in the past. Traffic is a pain in a few places i.e. Heathfield, Haywards Heath, Billinghurst etc but you will not find traffic free routes in the South East except on Christmas Day

Deckman001

posted on 18/10/19 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi All,

Sounds great. I managed a day and a half out in it last year before it broke down in a thunderstorm, and did the east Sussex and Kent part of the south east so just keeping my interest up for the two days and have got my wife to be put on the insurance this time in an attempt to get her interested too

Jason

nick205

posted on 18/10/19 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Best of luck with your wife - mine enjoyed me building the MK Indy, but really didn't enjoy being a passenger in it and had zero interest in driving it.

She seemed happy enough when I sold it and used the money for a Seat Alhambra 7 seat people mover though.

Deckman001

posted on 18/10/19 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Nick,

Mine already owns an A3 sports convertible so am hoping it's not too different, just quicker

Jason

nick205

posted on 18/10/19 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001
Cheers Nick,

Mine already owns an A3 sports convertible so am hoping it's not too different, just quicker

Jason

Get her in the driving seat and let's hope she smiles

Matth93

posted on 20/10/19 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
The military road from Appledore to Rye is a good stretch of road we usually do a big loop round from Rye towards Camber and Lydd up to Appledore then along the military road back towards Rye.
Deckman001

posted on 21/10/19 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Matth93,

Thanks for that route, I think i did it roughly last time i had the 7 last year totally by accident, i can definitely back that drive in a 7 it was great

Jason

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 21/10/19 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Roads are full of phone zombies, blocking things up bumper-to-bumper in their SUVs, you need to re-evaluate the question. The answer is:

Lydden Hill (nice small tight track) or Brands Hatch (either full circuit or Indy) are both good.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.