Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Back on the road!
David Jenkins

posted on 2/6/20 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Back on the road!

Got my insurance sorted this afternoon - A-Plan were ace when I asked them to correct a mistake *I* had made - just come back from a successful MOT, and I got my road tax sorted 5 minutes ago.

You watch the weather change now... a change is forecast...

Deckman001

posted on 2/6/20 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Well done and only another two weeks to wait for better weather hopefully

Jason

bi22le

posted on 2/6/20 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Are MOT stations open now? I was wondering how they worked as people were given extensions due to lock down

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

SJ

posted on 3/6/20 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Need to get mine finished. Replaced the front calipers, new ball joints, checked suspension bushes are free, moved the MC reservoir and battery off the scuttle and lower down, fitted new brake light switch on pedal (hydraulic one isn't that sensitive).

Still have inertia fuel cut off to fit, new dash is well on the way but needs holes for instruments and starter button fitting plus need to finalise fitting my heater and (don't laugh) a radio. Still have a small list of jobs to do before fitting the new dash like re mounting the edis and MJ plus final fitting of demister vents.

Not more than a day or so of work and then just need to test the new brakes are OK and I'm ready!

MOT has run out but with Covid I don't need to worry about that just yet.

[Edited on 3/6/20 by SJ]

David Jenkins

posted on 3/6/20 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Are MOT stations open now? I was wondering how they worked as people were given extensions due to lock down

I wasn't sure what my status was - the MOT ran out 2 weeks ago, and the car was on SORN for the past 2 months. I decided to just get everything done so that I didn't get caught out when trying to re-tax the car.

My local MOT station has been working for most of the shutdown - it's fairly easy to stay away from other people as it's a fairly quiet local garage. I've seen other garages open while driving around.

rusty nuts

posted on 3/6/20 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to tax mine from April but due to lockdown I didn’t. Taxed it Monday as soon as the post office opened, yes I could have done it on line but having sold loads of stuff just before lock down and got paid in cash which I haven’t been able to spend.
Deckman001

posted on 7/6/20 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Yes MOT stations are open if the garage want to, but the government extended the existing certs by 6 months. You may need to check for correct dates though as I'm not talking from experience.

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.