Board logo

Good Cheap Indoor Car Cover?
TimC - 1/9/08 at 01:05 PM

Hello

My car's moving to a dustier space and I want a good indoor cover. Any recommendations?

Thanks

TC

tegwin - 1/9/08 at 01:07 PM

Bought one from halfords for a tenner.....Has sprung edges like a shower cap...

Seems to work pretty well.....

Kriss - 1/9/08 at 03:03 PM

I use my old Clio V6 car cover - again, from Halfords (silver) with elastic corners. Is a medium size (V6 was wide!) I reckon a small one would be fine, although a little baggy on top!

adithorp - 1/9/08 at 03:51 PM

CBS were selling some cheap at Peterborough show (£10 I think) and might still have them.

adrian

James - 1/9/08 at 04:07 PM

After one myself at the moment.

I have a feeling that decent ones are bi-material right? A waterproof outer with a soft inner liner so the car doesn't get scratched when the cover moves?

That correct or have I invented summat I should patent quick?!

TimC - 1/9/08 at 04:27 PM

There seems to be a big gap between the £10 special and the £70 next step. No good when I want to pay £30.

rusty nuts - 1/9/08 at 04:41 PM

A soft painters dust sheet? or one of the disposable ones?

adam1985 - 1/9/08 at 04:50 PM

I have a feeling that decent ones are bi-material right? A waterproof outer with a soft inner liner so the car doesn't get scratched when the cover moves?

i was under the impression that they all scratch the car. isnt it the dust on the car acts like sandpaper when the wind blows and moves the cover because i was after one for my tin top but this put me off

Guinness - 1/9/08 at 05:04 PM

I've had my car under a cover I bought from Argos for a few years now.

Got it from Argos, I think it was seriously reduced when they stopped doing the RAC branded stuff.

They have this one in at the minute, which looks quite similar to mine.

Argos Linky

HTH

Mike

P.S. If my cover scratches the fibreglass you'll never see it against the back drop of stone chips, star crazes and general dirt! Not to mention the scratches on the bonnet, where it came off after I forgot to fasten the clips!

[Edited on 1/9/08 by Guinness]

DavidM - 1/9/08 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
There seems to be a big gap between the £10 special and the £70 next step. No good when I want to pay £30.

I've got a £12 one I can let you have for £30.

David