Board logo

ULEZ
number-1 - 5/2/22 at 06:14 PM

Anyone from the London area know anything about ULEZ? My 2011 diesel Megane is liable for the ULEZ charge according to the website. Someone suggested i get it tested as if the test is under the set number then i can apply to get the record changed so i dont have to pay the charge.

Has anyone heard of this or done it?

N1

Mr Whippy - 5/2/22 at 07:37 PM

Given the last few years revelations about diesel emissions, I wouldn't be surprised if you got it tested and you where even more over the limit.

Tbh I'd take such claims that you can change you cars figures with a large pinch of salt as the manufactures go to great lengths and cost to get them as low as they possibly can. That's with new cars and laboratory conditions (fake).

[Edited on 5/2/22 by Mr Whippy]

coyoteboy - 5/2/22 at 09:21 PM

There's literally no chance you'll come in under - Euro6 is a whole different level of emission control over Euro 4 or 5.

Simon - 5/2/22 at 10:17 PM

There are some motorcycles that are being tested but iirc the test is around a couple of hundred quid so not really worth doing unless you a) are successful and b) go into the zone regularly.

Trouble is, the train is such a rip of, it's a debate whether to pay the ULEZ or BR!

I met some old work friends I hadn't seen in 35 years beginning of December so drove to Minories car park (outside congestion zone) and Insignia was ok for ULEZ so it cost a about a tenner in diesel and 4 quid parking. Now I have an old Espace and my m/c is a 27 year old K1100RS neither or which are ULEZ compliant....

chillis - 6/2/22 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
And that's the point of ULEZ, to get you out of older more polluting cars.

I met some old work friends I hadn't seen in 35 years beginning of December so drove to Minories car park (outside congestion zone) and Insignia was ok for ULEZ so it cost a about a tenner in diesel and 4 quid parking. Now I have an old Espace and my m/c is a 27 year old K1100RS neither or which are ULEZ compliant....

BenB - 6/2/22 at 01:24 PM

I think the test is only possible for motorbikes

scudderfish - 6/2/22 at 06:32 PM

I'm amazed that my V8 Fury is exempt