Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Teach me the basics please!!
bi22le

posted on 12/3/14 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Teach me the basics please!!

I have done many a mod, fix, fiddle and mend over the years. I generally have lots of confidence with my mechanical knowledge and spanner skills.

But,

I am going to be refilling the car with oil soon and am wondering if I should be doing anything different now that I have an oil cooler and thermastatic take off. It has no oil in it at the moment and it also has an accusump.

I can just fill it up but once it gets warm its going to start oil off down towards the oil rad which will empty the engine. The accusump may help a little but its risky. So, maybe I could load the rad up with oil before hand?

Thoughts?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

rodgling

posted on 12/3/14 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, fill the rad with oil. If there is a thermostat (and assuming it behaves like my car), you will get oil pressure as normal until you hit the thermostat opening point... then you will get 5-10 seconds of no pressure. So make sure you let the car warm up while idling until you see this happen... don't want it to happen at 7k rpm!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.