Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Steering Column help!!
tom225

posted on 14/11/19 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Steering Column help!!

Hi,

Hopeing some one with a little more knowledge of the IVA can help ( i have read it half a dozen times and still none the wiser on this bit).

Im building a Talon Motorsport chassis car, using the upper collapsible part of the MX5 column. Do I also require the 10deg kink in the steering shaft or is the use of the collapsible part enough?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Slimy38

posted on 15/11/19 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tom225
Hi,

Hopeing some one with a little more knowledge of the IVA can help ( i have read it half a dozen times and still none the wiser on this bit).

Im building a Talon Motorsport chassis car, using the upper collapsible part of the MX5 column. Do I also require the 10deg kink in the steering shaft or is the use of the collapsible part enough?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

I'm also using the Mx5 column, and I put the kink in the shaft. To be fair it's not difficult, by default it's about 8 degrees anyway so it only needs a slight adjustment to deflect it further.

What I needed to fix

tom225

posted on 15/11/19 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by tom225
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Tom

I'm also using the Mx5 column, and I put the kink in the shaft. To be fair it's not difficult, by default it's about 8 degrees anyway so it only needs a slight adjustment to deflect it further.

What I needed to fix

I would agree it would be an easy fix, however i bought a partly completed build and its all installed already and will involve basically cutting everything out and starting again for me, just seeing if i can avoid it.

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/11/19 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
post some pics and see if anyone can come up with a quick fix....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.