Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Floor mounted cable clutch pedal
wonderfulweasel

posted on 23/11/19 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Floor mounted cable clutch pedal

Hi,
Has anyone used a floor mounted pedal box with a cable clutch, and could share a photo of their set up?
I have a Compbrake set up, similar to this: https://www.compbrake.com/product/universal-clutch-floor-mounted-cable-pedal-box-kit-premier-1-pedal-std-kit/
I think OBP have a similar offering too.
I'm pretty sure I have it in right, but it doesn't seem to give a very long throw to the cable! It's a bit difficult to tell though as I don't have an engine or box in currently! If anyone could share a photo of their working set up, that would be appreciated.

steve m

posted on 23/11/19 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I had an OBP peddle box in my old 7, and you are right that the throw does not seem very much,
but I can assure you, that it worked perfectly, as the actual bite to slip point on a clutch is a very small measurement
as in a couple of millimetres, the rest is just wasteful travel

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

big_wasa

posted on 23/11/19 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
I drilled a few holes in mine for the cable pivot to adjust the ratio. It worked fine with a Zetec fwd clutch in an Mt75.
SPYDER

posted on 24/11/19 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
I made my own floor mounted pedals for my Phoenix. The clutch pedal ratio is about 7 to 1 and the cable travel is only about 10-12mm. As has already been stated, the cable travel requirement is usually smaller than you might think.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.