Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Way OTT TV wall mount wonky
joneh

posted on 31/12/19 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Way OTT TV wall mount wonky

Hi All,

Been a while but I've been lurking. Build is on hold whilst work is manic and the list of jobs on the fridge grows.

Anyway happy new year to all.

Back to topic, I have a full motion TV wall mount that I bought as our TV is in the corner. It's a Sanus F215c jobby from Screwfix. When the TV is against the wall or out extended straight the TV is level. When I turn the end pivot either way the TV hangs at an angle and drops about an inch depending on which way its twisted.

I phoned the manufacturer and apparently this is normal. I think that's crap. Anyone got any experience of these things or can recommend me a less crap mount? I don't understand why a simple pivot would cause a change in level unless its wee poorly designed.

Thanks
Jon

Slimy38

posted on 31/12/19 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
My daughter has a similar thing going on with her mount, and it's only a small (28 inch) TV. I'm the same as you though, I can't see how it manages to do it without there being flex in the material itself.

The one we have for the downstairs TV was from Aldi, and I was honestly surprised how sturdy it was. It's carrying a heavier and bigger TV, but is far more capable of staying straight. And it was cheaper!!

Mr Whippy

posted on 31/12/19 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
looking at it on youtube there seems to be a screw to adjust the level of the screen
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joneh

posted on 31/12/19 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
looking at it on youtube there seems to be a screw to adjust the level of the screen

Yeah that's tight, hence why the screen is level when pushed in. The action of twisting the final pivot point drops it an inch either side depending which way its turned.

nick205

posted on 2/1/20 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure you'll have checked, but there's no play in any of the joints is there?

I don't have/use a wall mount, but from what I've seen of them they have various bushed joints. If a bush were worn it might allow a joint to flex a bit and be accentuated more at full reach.

[Edited on 2/1/20 by nick205]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.