Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes Roadster forum - back online
jps

posted on 6/5/20 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes Roadster forum - back online

Not sure how many other people got in contact with them, but it seems the Haynes Roadster forum is back up - which is good, although not a place for active conversation like LCB, nonetheless it contains a wealth of useful information.
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 6/5/20 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I occasionally use it for reference so great news.
Myke 2463

posted on 6/5/20 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Every time i visit i am the only member with about 60 guests, obviously not used by many members.

Be Lucky Mike.

harmchar

posted on 6/5/20 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
What's the deal with that site. I tried to register 6 times , keep getting reply saying "not accepting new registration". I emailed the admin but no reply. Has it actually folded as a usable forum and just viewable for guests.. Like others have said, there is some good material on there. Shame it can't be resurrected.
jps

posted on 6/5/20 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by harmchar
What's the deal with that site. I tried to register 6 times , keep getting reply saying "not accepting new registration". I emailed the admin but no reply. Has it actually folded as a usable forum and just viewable for guests.. Like others have said, there is some good material on there. Shame it can't be resurrected.

There is an occasional new user who pops up, it says you have to contact the Haynes webmaster via the details on the haynes.co.uk Contact Us page - but no idea how well that works.

I primarily use it as a site to search - and mainly it's a handful of really detailed build threads (e.g. Stots build thread) and posts by a handful of really helpful contributers- e.g. Sylvain (aka Voucht - and also on here), but would still be a loss if it were taken down permanently.

twinturbo

posted on 7/5/20 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes have been in touch with me, the site was an accidental casualty of changes they made to another of their global sites.

They resurrected it when they realised.

They hope to fix some of the issues like registration and security.

So hopefully it will remain a good resource for us.

Cheers

TT

ianhurley20

posted on 7/5/20 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I've been on that group for several years now. When I joined it was very difficult to register. New members pop up at regular intervals so some get through still. I guess its that Haynes no longer sell the book and would like to shut the group down as it no longer makes them any income. A great pity but at least they have restored the group as a search will reveal the answers to most questions. Long may it continue

twinturbo

posted on 7/5/20 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
I am not sure how the forum actually came about..

It surprised me somewhat that they have not capitalised on it and expanded it.. who trusts "Honest John".

at their heart Haynes relies on DIY and the enthusiast. so its in their interest to keep the site running...

jps

posted on 18/9/22 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like the forum has gone off again, anyone got a contact we can see if they can put it back up?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.