Board logo

Led headlight bulbs ??
striker-4age - 27/8/17 at 11:24 AM

Hi there

What are the best bulbs to use in a 7 style headlight ??!

Mine seem pretty crap, so just wonder what others have fitted ??

Thanks

BenB - 27/8/17 at 03:14 PM

Unless you plan on replacing the entire sealed unit don't bother, they'll just blind other drivers and fail at MOT.

ianhurley20 - 27/8/17 at 05:03 PM

I don't have any problems - then again I don't drive at night. :-) That said I think it is something to do with being lower than the headlamps - most cars find you above them by some way but with a seven you look underneath the headlamps and don't get the same amount of reflected light. That's why I don't drive at night in a seven!

striker-4age - 27/8/17 at 05:32 PM

What is the normal wattage for the headlight bulbs ?

Maybe I can just put more powerful standard type bulbs in ?

Myke 2463 - 27/8/17 at 05:57 PM

Try these GE 477 H7 +130 Brighter Headlight Bulb from Halfrauds Use these in all our cars still legal.

cliftyhanger - 27/8/17 at 06:41 PM

I use philips extreme. Very good. But also what headlight units? many of the cheap ones are just not very good. When I changed to theclear lens "crystal" type it was another huge improvement.
And check the voltage at the bulbs, poor connections etc can mean big losses in light output (compare voltage across battery terminals and from neg terminal to the light bulb connection. Should be near enough the same, certainly much less than 1/2V difference)

MikeRJ - 28/8/17 at 09:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by striker-4age
Hi there

What are the best bulbs to use in a 7 style headlight ??!

Mine seem pretty crap, so just wonder what others have fitted ??

Thanks

What headlamps are you using? The little "Dominator" bike headlamps are well known to be particularly crap.