Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Calling all ex, current and new class F drivers - Anglesey
MK9R

posted on 30/5/15 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Calling all ex, current and new class F drivers - Anglesey

The grid is looking very healthy for Anglesey on July 18th & 19th, but in a bid to promote class F and get the numbers up in the class Giles has said that if we can get a few more cars out in F the class can have its own race. Currently we have 10 Fs registered for the weekend, if we can increase that by a few more the class will be run on its own grid, and if this a success then he will look at doing this at the cheaper circuits in 2016 (Croft, Anglesey, cadwell, mallory etc). What we dont want is a a rerun of cadwell a couple of years ago with only 6 cars on the grid as this is no fun for anyone, and Giles wont split the grid if this is the case so we need to get some extra cars out there and prove that F is a strong class that can runs its own grid.

We are still looking to get 7's out on our grid, this is a great opportunity for the 7's to come out and play and help us create a class/rule concession for the future!!

I know there are a few NI 7s on here, how about a few of you coming over for an guest appearance??

If you haven't registered this season there is a reduced registration cost for a single race to help entice you.

We are also holding a annual RGB BBQ at anglesey which is always a good evening, for a small fee you will fed by our team of high class chefs and entertained by some of the colorful characters in the paddock

So for those of you that have asked for split grids, have been holding back as they want to win outright on the circuit, anyone just thinking of coming back, starting a fresh or fancy just a dabble GET YOUSELF ENTERED FOR ANGLESEY!!

[Edited on 30/5/15 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 30/5/15 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
You forgot to mention the circuit is fantastic too!
Good luck Austen and well done to you and Dave a at croft last week!
Out of interest. Who is the master chef? If it's mr Norden I might come along for the weekend and watch.

MK9R

posted on 30/5/15 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
You forgot to mention the circuit is fantastic too!
Good luck Austen and well done to you and Dave a at croft last week!
Out of interest. Who is the master chef? If it's mr Norden I might come along for the weekend and watch.

There is a strong MNR flavour on the burners, and not the usual oil based one ;-). The full MNR crew will be out in force in Wales

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK9R

posted on 30/5/15 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
We have had an amazingly generous off from Vince Randell, see below!!!!!

Anyone who has a Class F car ready to race and has not yet raced this year, VR Motorsport are offering the Friday practice day and race entry fee in order to support Class F to have their own grid and air time / track time / support they deserve when they win their race

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

dij

posted on 1/6/15 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Its a little off topic sorry.

I'm racing at Anglsey 18/19 July but cant see a Friday practice for the 17th anywhere, do you know who to book it through

Thanks

MK9R

posted on 1/6/15 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dij
Hi Its a little off topic sorry.

I'm racing at Anglsey 18/19 July but cant see a Friday practice for the 17th anywhere, do you know who to book it through

Thanks

Call the circuit to book

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

yellowcab

posted on 1/6/15 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Testing for Anglesey Coastal on 17th July now booked and paid for, full day, for the winner of the lucky chosen Class F driver.

Unfortunately and surprisingly we've only have 3 names so far…

Please like and share this post to anyone you know that'd be interested in having their race entries and testing all paid for courtesy of VR Motorsport in a bid to promote Class F and give them their own grid and race.

bi22le

posted on 1/6/15 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
I want a class F RGB car

I hope this opportunity gets taken up.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

MK9R

posted on 1/6/15 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I want a class F RGB car

I hope this opportunity gets taken up.

There is a gixer powered pulsar and also the most successful class f car every built (cbr phoenix) currently for sale. Also the owner of the pulsar has said if you are interested but wanna try it he will do an arrive and drive deal for anglesey

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

bi22le

posted on 1/6/15 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have considered doing arrive and drive as i know a few teams would be interested in supporting it.

At the moment though i need a lot of raceware, licence, time and money to entertain the idea seriously. Hence the dedication to track days at the moment.

And then i find myself at brands on sunday just gone looking to going halves on a season within a puma cup car. . . .

I recon within 5 years ill be racing something, or have a bonkers striker for track days!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

MK9R

posted on 1/6/15 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I have considered doing arrive and drive as i know a few teams would be interested in supporting it.

At the moment though i need a lot of raceware, licence, time and money to entertain the idea seriously. Hence the dedication to track days at the moment.

And then i find myself at brands on sunday just gone looking to going halves on a season within a puma cup car. . . .

I recon within 5 years ill be racing something, or have a bonkers striker for track days!

I was a trackday addict, had a few cars but once I had a BEC i just had to race!!! Come and join us!! Come along to watch, stay over, have a beer and a bbq and see what it's all about. It actually makes a trackday seem very very ordinary ;-)

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

bi22le

posted on 1/6/15 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
We have actually met before at Brands. I think last year, but may of been the year before. It was raining and I think you had your old body shell still.

Dont worry I dont expect you to remember! I walked around the pits talking to most RGB people I could find and all seemed very pleasant.

Trackdays are good for me at the moment due to the constraints listed before, I also dont think I am up to racing pace yet. Thats a whole other driving skillset I am yet to learn.

I also kind of feel I am not yet done with my car. I have a lot of plans for it over the next couple of years. Ill probably end up selling it to fund a race car!

MK9R

posted on 1/6/15 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
We have actually met before at Brands. I think last year, but may of been the year before. It was raining and I think you had your old body shell still.

Dont worry I dont expect you to remember! I walked around the pits talking to most RGB people I could find and all seemed very pleasant.

Trackdays are good for me at the moment due to the constraints listed before, I also dont think I am up to racing pace yet. Thats a whole other driving skillset I am yet to learn.

I also kind of feel I am not yet done with my car. I have a lot of plans for it over the next couple of years. Ill probably end up selling it to fund a race car!

Yeah I think I remember actually. Anyways, enjoy, finish off you car and come racing!! ;-)

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

MK9R

posted on 4/6/15 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
OK we are up to 14 entrants, names have to be in by midnight tonight for the free entry draw.

We are drawing up the 7 specific rules to introduce next year, but see my other post for that.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Dopdog

posted on 4/6/15 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
I too would love to have a go but fear my meagre budget for my motorsport would not cover a full season.
MK9R

posted on 16/6/15 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
######## BREAKING NEWS!!! #########

Class F and R will be run on seperate grids at anglesey! !!

Current we have 13 Fs entered, but there is plenty of room for late comers so please get your entries in to give the club as much confidence and support as possible

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

daniel mason

posted on 16/6/15 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
That will make for a great race!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.