Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help with alternator ID
bowood14

posted on 3/3/16 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Help with alternator ID

Hi everyone I need an alternator for my 2009 Peugeot Expert the picture is in my photo archive I can find alternators with the long number 9646321780 CL15 but they don't have the S38/08 Can anyone help telling me what this number means ??
Regards Adrian

obfripper

posted on 3/3/16 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ignore that number, it is a production date reference for week 38 2008, the long number and cl15 will give you a match.
I have had problems with matching patterned/recon alternators on a few of the peugeot/citroen models as the cross references are incorrect between manafacturers.

Dave

bowood14

posted on 3/3/16 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Dave I hoped that might be the case Do you know if the numbers match then it is definetly the right amps

quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
Ignore that number, it is a production date reference for week 38 2008, the long number and cl15 will give you a match.
I have had problems with matching patterned/recon alternators on a few of the peugeot/citroen models as the cross references are incorrect between manafacturers.

Dave

obfripper

posted on 3/3/16 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
If you're matching a genuine new or second hand unit, the numbers matching will be the correct alternator.

Have a look here, this should be your alternator, with quite a few cross references.

Dave

bowood14

posted on 3/3/16 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Great thanks very much

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.