Board logo

Scalextric in Brighton
Jasper - 28/4/05 at 01:44 PM

So, I can't build another car for a good year or two - 'cos the moneys gotta go into the house, so to stop me getting bored, and give me an excuse to spend time in my now empty garage with mates, I'm currently constructing the circuit below. It's digital, so even with just two lanes 6 cars can race with 4 overtaking spots.

We had a go with a small track this week, and it's a right laugh, but now I've bought loads of old track off Ebay (that all needs cleaning up), so this one should be completed by Sunday.

Any local boys want to come down for a play (I've got 3 cars/controllers at the mnoment) your all welcome. Hicost won't be there tho', as he thinks it's all childish nonsense

BTW - any good track designers wanna come up with a circuit for a 2m x 5m garage, just let me know!

[Edited on 28/4/05 by Jasper] Rescued attachment screen.gif
Rescued attachment screen.gif

ned - 28/4/05 at 01:53 PM

yeah, should be a laugh, I'm up for it sometime!

shame you can't really put fast sweeping bends in scalectrix, maybe a snetterton replica would be a goer, though not sure if you could recreate the bombhole lol

Ned.

ps you need to even out the overtaking spots, 1 to get off the red, but 3 to get off the green hmmm

[Edited on 28/4/05 by ned]

Jasper - 28/4/05 at 01:58 PM

Ned the overtaking bits are just for postion, I will put the different ones spread evenlyas I now have all four different types.

High speed curves are hard 'cos you need lots of 22.5 deg curves, which are impossible to get in quantity secondhand, and expensive to buy new (£5.50 for 2 sections)

donut - 29/4/05 at 06:45 AM

So what was the problem? Did you find the lost 10psi in the glove box or somewhere??

shortie - 3/5/05 at 06:41 PM

Jasper,

Scalextric sounds like a laugh! Assuming I can make the date I would love to have a go!

Rich.

Deckman001 - 3/5/05 at 08:34 PM

I've a box full of the stuff i could let ya borrow if ya need it ?? the bits i just checked out aren't rusty yet either

Jason

Jasper - 3/5/05 at 09:08 PM

Rich - you're welcome down anytime - maybe I'll try and sort out a Sunday soon...

Jason - got more track than I can use now ..... and I've already spent 3 hours cleaning it up!

It's a laugh though, these digital cars are quick

Deckman001 - 4/5/05 at 08:30 PM

I bet ya the yellow car will be quicker than the blue one !!

Jason

Jasper - 5/5/05 at 10:03 AM

Any excuse for crap driving

Deckman001 - 5/5/05 at 06:03 PM

donut - 6/5/05 at 07:11 AM

I would like to point out that the hairdresser here won the race between Jasper, Deckman and myself!!

Jasper - 6/5/05 at 08:56 AM

I think the computer lied ......

Deckman001 - 7/5/05 at 08:03 AM

That, and i had the slow blue car !!

Jason

Jasper - 7/5/05 at 01:37 PM

Excuses, excuses - well we now have a fourth car (same as the Porsches) so next time it will be even racing! And I've sorted the power fluctutional problems.

About time for a new track I think!