Board logo

Scottish Events?
johnny chimpo - 1/4/12 at 07:46 AM

Im relatively new to the kit car world having bought my mnr this time last year and not really getting much use of it apart from the odd local blast. This year tho, im hoping to get out in it a lot more and im wondering if there are any scottish kit car events planned?

Would be good to meet up with some other kitcar owners and possibly even get out a blast somewhere.

zilspeed - 1/4/12 at 08:20 AM

Dedicated kit car events you'll not find many of, if any up here.

Kit cars being used in competition, there's plenty of that.

Where are you ?

myke pocock - 1/4/12 at 09:10 AM

As your man says, not many in that neck of the woods. How about trying this one? There are always some kit cars and they do a nice tour on the first day.

http://www.sre-scot.co.uk/Moffat-Classic-Car-Rally-Scotland.html

Toniq-r - 1/4/12 at 10:22 AM

Your welcome to join us we are hoping to get out soon ,I nice Sundau drive on the country roads

johnny chimpo - 1/4/12 at 11:14 AM

Cheers guys, I'm over near Greenock, thinking about popping along to spectate at some hill climb events to see if I fancy that.

Cheers for the invite toniq-r sounds good let me know when your heading out.

Intended to go out my first run of the year today and just noticed one of the fuel tank straps is snapped.... Oh well looks like I'll be doing that instead today :-(

zilspeed - 1/4/12 at 01:57 PM

If you're in Greenock, Kames will probably be nearest you.

There's a Kames sprint very soon, where I'm sure Paul Lawrence will be there with his green MNR ZX12
(I think, or is it a 14 ? ).

JimM - 2/4/12 at 09:15 PM

Check out the SKCC web site for some local runs and show events, also the Westfield web site has a Scottish group that are very active with local runs planned.
I'm sure there will be some dates listed that you could join in.

Cheers
Jim

Murphy - 4/4/12 at 09:03 PM

Don't forget the Dundee boys invite!

quote:
Originally posted by johnny chimpo

Cheers guys, I'm over near Greenock, thinking about popping along to spectate at some hill climb events to see if I fancy that.

Cheers for the invite toniq-r sounds good let me know when your heading out.

Intended to go out my first run of the year today and just noticed one of the fuel tank straps is snapped.... Oh well looks like I'll be doing that instead today :-(

daniel mason - 4/4/12 at 09:23 PM

zzr1400 and bloody hell can he pedal a car!