Board logo

Northwest Run Out
cerbera - 14/7/12 at 10:06 AM

Well, it looks like tomorrow is going to be a good day for a ride out.

I'll be setting off from The Swallow Hotel on the A59 around 8:30am and will be heading down the A59 towards Clitheroe so can pick people up on the way, if needed. Then will be taking the back roads to Settle for some breakfast.

So who's coming?

Westy1994 - 14/7/12 at 02:28 PM

Not this time sorry, got a locoster visiting tomorrow to collect some parts, one of these days we are all going to be free at the same time

MkII - 14/7/12 at 03:50 PM

I would have been up for breakfast at settle but I'm at ellesmere port my daughters kart racing. .m.

cerbera - 14/7/12 at 07:33 PM

Hope she does well Mark.

No other takers?

adithorp - 14/7/12 at 07:56 PM

Sorry, can't make it. Going to the Alps next Friday on cycling hol's so got to get the miles in.

cerbera - 14/7/12 at 09:27 PM

Your own personal tour de France

Sounds like fun!

richard thomas - 15/7/12 at 12:35 PM

Sorry, Je est in French France......wish car was here with me though....lovely weather....

steve8274 - 15/7/12 at 12:37 PM

sounded good.
unfortunately working today
one day, i maybe able to go on one of these run outs

cerbera - 15/7/12 at 03:18 PM

Was a good run out. I'll give another shout out next time

Description
Description

richard thomas - 30/7/12 at 08:09 PM

Reet, i am back Monday 6th Aug.....what about the weekend after, or a week night?.....(Je est still in French France......it's great!!!!......but missing the machine......)

Rich

daniel mason - 30/7/12 at 08:15 PM

ill come if car has arrived

cerbera - 30/7/12 at 08:23 PM

I'll be back from sunny Spain by then. Should be able to arrange something if it's sill sunny in ol' blighty.

Oddified - 3/8/12 at 08:32 AM

Might join you next time if i'm not away

Assuming 'different' cars are welcome in your convoy

Ian

cerbera - 3/8/12 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oddified
Might join you next time if i'm not away

Assuming 'different' cars are welcome in your convoy

Ian

The more the merrier
I'm hoping to go for a run this Sunday morning once I'm back from me hols.
Dunno what the weather is like in ol' north west blighty at the mo, so will post again on Saturday night.

welderman - 3/8/12 at 12:54 PM

need a car

well one thats finnished lol

[Edited on 3/8/12 by welderman]

cerbera - 4/8/12 at 05:56 PM

Back home from Spain and was greeted with rain at Liverpool airport
Tomorrow's weather doesn't look too good for a run out either

Oddified - 4/8/12 at 06:15 PM

I also looked earlier, and it's not looking to rosey for tomorrow

Maybe another weekend

Ian

daniel mason - 4/8/12 at 06:20 PM

any time after next weekend is good for me!

cerbera - 7/8/12 at 06:20 PM

Looks like this Saturday is going to be a gud 'un.
I'll be out for a blat, anyone care to join me?

richard thomas - 7/8/12 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cerbera
Looks like this Saturday is going to be a gud 'un.
I'll be out for a blat, anyone care to join me?

Aye, me hopefully.....where and when?

cerbera - 7/8/12 at 06:27 PM

Was thinking...

From The Swallow Hotel over Longridge fell down through Waddington and the back roads to Settle for a brew breakfast stop. Then onto Ribble Head and down through Ingleton and on to Devils Bridge for more refreshments, if required. Back towards the A6 via Quernmore.

richard thomas - 7/8/12 at 06:31 PM

Would that be the Swallow Hotel up near Samlesbury?

cerbera - 7/8/12 at 06:32 PM

That's the one.

richard thomas - 7/8/12 at 06:33 PM

What time start?How many miles approx? I am not sure of the route to be honest......

daniel mason - 7/8/12 at 06:46 PM

im away this week from tomorrow but weekend after im free if anyones out!

cerbera - 7/8/12 at 06:52 PM

We like to start earlyish to try and minimise back road traffic so try and set off from the Swallow at 8:30am.

The route I'm looking at taking is here

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
im away this week from tomorrow but weekend after im free if anyones out!

I'll just keep updating this thread with runs out as I assume most people who have posted will get email notifications. But if anyone else wants to arrange a blat, please feel free to use this thread also.

[Edited on 7/8/12 by cerbera]

richard thomas - 7/8/12 at 06:57 PM

I'll have a bit of that!

Oddified - 7/8/12 at 07:36 PM

I'll be there too!

Ian

adithorp - 7/8/12 at 08:24 PM

I'll be along as long as plans don't change and I have to work.

cerbera - 7/8/12 at 09:18 PM

Now we have a few all available on the same day, I just hope the weather does as advertised

adithorp - 7/8/12 at 09:56 PM

I'll be out for a run around the Peak District Wed' night if anyone fancies joining me.

cerbera - 8/8/12 at 06:07 AM

I fancy that, but am busy this evening.
Give another shout when you go again please

welderman - 8/8/12 at 07:15 AM

grrrrr, my cars not ready and tommyp is off the road too, grrrr, cant even have a passenger ride this Saturday, im busy

Have a good one fellas and take it easy

ps, i could do without a full english anyway lol

adithorp - 8/8/12 at 12:40 PM

Looks like I won'tbe out tonight; Got a hole to dig as the cat died last night (old age, very sad, move on).

If anyones interested, I should be able to get out Thursday night for a blat around the peak.

welderman - 8/8/12 at 01:17 PM

poor cat

cerbera - 8/8/12 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Looks like I won'tbe out tonight; Got a hole to dig as the cat died last night (old age, very sad, move on).

If anyones interested, I should be able to get out Thursday night for a blat around the peak.

Poor cat

Again I'd love to come but between work and other commitments midweek runs are usual a no go.
We'll have to do it a week on Saturday / Sunday

steve8274 - 9/8/12 at 08:29 PM

sounds a good run, unfortunately on a family do at weekend in blackpool.
next time hopefully
steve

Westy1994 - 9/8/12 at 08:49 PM

Nice to meetup with cerbera this evening at the Lytham 'Thirsty car meet' , i'll let you know if I have the funds available for Saturday's run. Not looking good at the mo, but things may change.....

Rich

adithorp - 10/8/12 at 02:13 PM

The weather's looking good for tomorrow. I'll see you at the Swallow. I'll aimto be there about 8.15.

richard thomas - 10/8/12 at 03:01 PM

I have to work.

Gutted.

Sorry.

cerbera - 10/8/12 at 04:14 PM

quote:
The weather's looking good for tomorrow. I'll see you at the Swallow. I'll aimto be there about 8.15.

That's good. Anyone else who can make it but have not yet posted, we will be aiming to leave The Swallow Hotel at 8:30am.

quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas

I have to work.

Gutted.

Sorry.

Oh well. If something changes in the next 12 hours or so, you'll know where we'll be

AdrianH - 10/8/12 at 06:12 PM

I have picked up the works on call system today, but in the hope there will be no call out tonight or in the morning I will turn up.

If I do not or cut out of the drive during the morning you know why!

Fingers crossed for a good drive.

Adrian

cerbera - 10/8/12 at 06:22 PM

Ok Adrian, hope to see you omorrow then

cerbera - 11/8/12 at 03:48 PM

Enjoyed the run out today and was good to put a few faces to the avatars

daniel mason - 11/8/12 at 04:08 PM

Anyone up for an early blat on 26/08 then onto harewood for a few hours? Good hillclimb on as 50th aniversary

cerbera - 11/8/12 at 05:10 PM

Unfortunately I'll be away for the bank holiday weekend. Hope the weather is good for you though.

adithorp - 11/8/12 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Enjoyed the run out today and was good to put a few faces to the avatars

Yep, was a good run. I stopped for fuel when you turned off for Longridge then headed home.

Oddified - 11/8/12 at 06:51 PM

Yes, a nice drive out to see the country side

It was my first run out with a group of fellow car 'nuts', and i may join you again on another weekend if i'm free

Ian

stevegough - 12/8/12 at 08:16 AM

I'm glad to read some of you finally got it together for a local blat - shame I missed it, I very nearly went to the Lytham 'Thirsty car meet'. (but the 'thirsty' bit put me off - my car is a lot of things, but its not really in that class).

I have been 'otherwise occupied' the last two months, trying to deal with a 'family crisis' - I hardly even have time to look at LCB, let alone a run out.
I have put a post on this thread so I get an email to keep me up to date. - That's the problem with keeping it all on one thread - on the whole, only the contributors to that thread see it.

Keep up the good work, Cerbera, etc.
PS don't forget - any good thread needs pics!!

Here's a few from the only blat I managed to join - last july!!
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

cerbera - 12/8/12 at 08:32 AM

Hi Steve, you're right this thread should contain pictures and I don't know why I didn't take any!!

I know what you're saying about the thread contributors getting an email, which is why I suggested we should keep it all in one thread, but I also thought that as we come up to a run out there would be lots of posts so the thread would appear regularly in the recent activity topics list in case others are interested.

I hope your manage to resolve your family crisis soon and are able to make a run out in the ,hopefully, not to distant future.

daniel mason - 18/8/12 at 09:12 AM

anyone at cumbria classic show tomorrow?
or harewoood next sunday?

Oddified - 18/8/12 at 09:40 AM

I'm off to the Retro Rides Gathering at Prescot tomorrow

Ian

cerbera - 18/8/12 at 03:05 PM

I'm being dragged off to a car boot tomorrow to help raise money for my daughters football teams tournament in Dallas next year.

AdrianH - 18/8/12 at 03:39 PM

Scammonden Hill Climb on the 19th at Scammonden Dam practice from 10:00.

Adrian

mitch2b - 20/8/12 at 10:00 AM

hope to join you all soon , may bring a couple more robinhoods too,

Mitch

adithorp - 20/8/12 at 10:23 PM

Is anybody up for a run (weather permitting) this Sat?

Westy1994 - 20/8/12 at 10:30 PM

My current forecast has over 10mm of rain this Saturday, having said that they said it would rain this afternoon and it didn't. So it's a case of see what it's like on the day to be honest. As soon as my hood is finished there will be no excuses obviously.....

cerbera - 21/8/12 at 05:56 AM

I'm away for the bank holiday weekend. Hope there's some decent weather for you to get a run out!

daniel mason - 21/8/12 at 06:45 AM

harewood this sunday guys!

cerbera - 23/10/12 at 12:31 PM

Looks like this Saturday might be a good day for my last run out before I lay the car up for the winter.

Anyone else available?

I'll be taking my usualish route to Settle for a spot of breakfast then I'm open to where we go from there.

steve8274 - 23/10/12 at 01:44 PM

Sounds good but i Will be gliding in chipping if weather good. Been cancelled for last 2 weeks. Free Sunday tho
Steve

daveb83 - 23/10/12 at 02:23 PM

thanks for the u2u bout this cerbera

if i can get out this weekend i would definately be up for something, just need to get a leave pass from the missus as binned her off all last weekend, wedding suit shopping for best mates big day on saturday and then playing with the car on sunday, she wasnt best pleased..

il keep an eye on this and see whats happening, if im allowed out to play i will be there

cerbera - 23/10/12 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve8274
Sounds good but i Will be gliding in chipping if weather good. Been cancelled for last 2 weeks. Free Sunday tho
Steve

Is that off Longridge Fell, what time do you fly? Might pop past to see you a'soarin'

quote:
Originally posted by daveb83
thanks for the u2u bout this cerbera

il keep an eye on this and see whats happening, if im allowed out to play i will be there

No probs pal.
I usually start early so if you can get 2-3 hour pass out you could be back for lunchtime

stevegough - 23/10/12 at 06:07 PM

Sorry, working nights this weekend (thur / fri / sat)

steve8274 - 23/10/12 at 09:15 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8274
Steve

Is that off Longridge Fell, what time do you fly? Might pop past to see you a'soarin'

Think that is close by. It's by bowland forest. Fiddlers lane. It's only a trial flight but looking to get into it. Flight should be at 1.30
Steve

cerbera - 26/10/12 at 11:15 AM

I will be setting off from the Swallow Hotel at 8:30am tomorrow morning.
Anyone fancies tagging along is more than welcome.

adithorp - 26/10/12 at 11:29 AM

I'm hoping to get out in the morning but if I do, I'll need to be home by 11.30. As a result will probably stick to the Peak District.

cerbera - 26/10/12 at 11:35 AM

No probs Adi. Enjoy your blat.

daveb83 - 26/10/12 at 11:35 AM

i didnt know there was such a time on a saturday morning...

if i can make it i will, but i really dont think the missus will let me out this weekend as she has plans for us at some point, i wasnt listening to her at the time she told me, was thinking about what i need to do next to the car, hopefully its just evening time leaving me free in the morning.

If im not there, i hope the weather stays nice for you

DanG - 26/10/12 at 12:12 PM

quote:
I'm hoping to get out in the morning but if I do, I'll need to be home by 11.30. As a result will probably stick to the Peak District.

Let me know your plans Adi.

if I get my engine cover sorted this eve then would be great to get out for a drive in the morning.

cerbera - 26/10/12 at 12:20 PM

quote:
i didnt know there was such a time on a saturday morning...

if i can make it i will, but i really dont think the missus will let me out this weekend as she has plans for us at some point, i wasnt listening to her at the time she told me, was thinking about what i need to do next to the car, hopefully its just evening time leaving me free in the morning.

If im not there, i hope the weather stays nice for you

Hope you can make it

stevegough - 26/10/12 at 02:18 PM

quote:

Whoops! suspect there's trouble on the horizon for you! :

adithorp - 26/10/12 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DanG
quote:

Let me know your plans Adi.

if I get my engine cover sorted this eve then would be great to get out for a drive in the morning.

Was thinking of leaving home about 8.30 but it's now more likely to be 9am as I've got to replace my brake light switch first. hadn't considered a route yet; Probably Snake', Winnets, Peak Forest, Stoney Middleton, Hathersage, Snake'...

cerbera - 27/10/12 at 01:57 PM

Great run out today, very cold at first but warmed up nicely.
Description
Description

[Edited on 27/10/12 by cerbera]

DanG - 27/10/12 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Great run out today, very cold at first but warmed up nicely.
Description
Description

[Edited on 27/10/12 by cerbera]

Didnt get out until later on in the morning and a little this afternoon.

I did pass a yellow 7 type kit on the A624 between Chapel en le Frith and Hayfield near the Lamb Inn pub - could this be the car in your photo?

cerbera - 27/10/12 at 02:28 PM

No, we were in and around the Yorkshire dales today.

DanG - 27/10/12 at 02:49 PM

I was enjoying my run out until my coolant fan packed in.

Wouldnt think you would need it in this cold weather.

Starting to think my car has a jinx.

daveb83 - 27/10/12 at 06:01 PM

Was gutted I didn't make it out but it was bitterly cold first thing this morning, and had a better offer of being woken up rather nicely by the missus ;-) followed by a bacon butty, the day all went down hill from there when I remembered I had told her I would take her shopping, she was being extra nice coz she also wanted me to pay for the privilege of sitting outside the women's changing rooms with a hand full if bags

adithorp - 27/10/12 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DanG
I was enjoying my run out until my coolant fan packed in.

Wouldnt think you would need it in this cold weather.

Starting to think my car has a jinx.

You won't need it once you get the air going through the rad instead of around it.

I bottled out after getting up a bit late then finding out how cold it was whilst walking the dog. I did manage to trace my inoperative brake lights to a blown fuse and found the probable cause (earth wire pulled out of the connector to the high level light and dangling close enough to the live to short).

cerbera - 19/4/13 at 09:24 PM

I know it's very late notice but meeting at the swallow hotel in the morning for a run out. Was going to be Sunday but the weather forcast for then is pants.

Anyone welcome

Edit to add meeting at 8:30am

[Edited on 19/4/13 by cerbera]

welderman - 20/4/13 at 05:18 AM

Enjoy. I make about 30 min progress on the car this week lol. Soon be finished for summer

cerbera - 20/4/13 at 06:26 AM

Have you got all the parts to finish? Maybe we could get a few able hands together and arrange some kind of kit finish build party

stevegough - 20/4/13 at 07:19 AM

Hope you have a great ride out - I am so tied up at the moment, you wouldn't believe it. AND, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with bondage....

But I am keeping an eye on this thread, and if I manage to cast off some of my family problems, I'll be with you.

welderman - 20/4/13 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Have you got all the parts to finish? Maybe we could get a few able hands together and arrange some kind of kit finish build party

Only a couple of things short really. Back on with the electricerys, got to make a bonnet too. It's coming together. But I don't mind a get together anyway

adithorp - 20/4/13 at 08:04 AM

Unfortunatly working this morning or I might have been tempted... Got a damp day at Blyton tomorrow though

What happened to that BBQ you were gong to throw for us Joe...

daveb83 - 20/4/13 at 08:21 AM

Dam it I've only just seen this, Id have come having seen this a bit earlier on... Absolutely gutted...

Cerbera. Do you work at BAE Warton? Thought I saw your car the other day parked up?

welderman - 20/4/13 at 10:19 AM

BBQ

Lets try sorting something. Need to arrange with the mrs etc as I am main nappy and baby feeding person. So it feels like lol

cerbera - 20/4/13 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Dam it I've only just seen this, Id have come having seen this a bit earlier on... Absolutely gutted...

Cerbera. Do you work at BAE Warton? Thought I saw your car the other day parked up?

Sorry you missed it Dave, was very last minute arrangements. I should have text you but forgot I had your number.

I do work at Warton but thought you knew that. I used too have a yellow MNR like your mates Rick, maybe that will trigger your memory

cerbera - 20/4/13 at 03:37 PM

And a picture of today
Description
Description

welderman - 20/4/13 at 03:49 PM

daveb83 - 20/4/13 at 03:55 PM

Jeleous, has been a beautiful day for it, I ended up repairing my road bike and then removing the carbs from my kits engine for a good old clean and service tomorrow in work. Ah yes I remember you telling me before you work at Warton and that you had seen my car there before

MsD - 20/4/13 at 05:01 PM

Nice one!

Where abouts did you get too?

cerbera - 20/4/13 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MsD

Tan Hill pub north of Hawes.

stevegough - 20/4/13 at 07:17 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MsD

Tan Hill pub north of Hawes.

Great job! I managed an hour out in mine this evening, with the grandson - Lytham / Warton etc then back via Ballam where we came across a guy just setting out in a sweet green Dax Cobra!

MsD - 21/7/14 at 10:38 PM

Anybody out and about whilst the weathers nice?
Mark.

adithorp - 22/7/14 at 07:39 AM

Think I'll be out for a run tommorow night. Probably peak district rather than Lancs.

cerbera - 22/7/14 at 09:36 AM

I've just booked tomorrow off. Going to north Wales to sample a few roads

Mark, are you on communicator at work?

daveb666 - 22/7/14 at 09:53 AM

Few of us over the hill having a run out to Squires Cafe at Sherburn tomorrow night

stevegough - 22/7/14 at 05:39 PM

Glad to hear some of you guys are still using your se7ens and Furys are making the most of this weather.

This weather, as most of you know, is caused, not by global warming, unusual jetstreams or advanced terrorism, but by ME because I sold my kitcar to a very happy chap in Merthyr Tydvil in April - the good weather had started - and has been here ever since.

When I eventually move house, one of the first things I'm gonna do is start building my second Kit!
Know anyone who wants a lovely 3-bed semi bungalow with an 80 foot rear garden and a 25 foot by 34 foot garage? Been on the market for 18 months at £177,000 - its a snip! Drop me a PM if you do!

Have a great summer, chaps - have you finished that car yet, Joe?

cerbera - 23/7/14 at 04:03 PM

Thanks for the great weather Steve. Shame it was at the cost of selling your kit, but al least I had a great run out today

[img][/img]

adithorp - 23/7/14 at 04:06 PM

Where's that?

cerbera - 23/7/14 at 04:23 PM

On the A4085 in the Snowdonia National Park

Drove this route today, some really good roads and suprisingly traffic free for the most part.

[Edited on 23/7/14 by cerbera]

daniel mason - 23/7/14 at 05:36 PM

Should have popped to Anglesey to see what was on! Not too far away at one point

daveb83 - 23/7/14 at 08:19 PM

Il be getting mine back out again tomorrow to make the most of this awesome weather, trying to find the perfect blend of getting out on the road bike and driving the kit while weathers this good, all the while dying with heyfever...

james h - 24/7/14 at 12:32 AM

I'm definitely needing a run out this weekend - I'll probably be out on Sunday morning. Anyone else? I'm tempted to go to Buttertubs or Alston.

cerbera - 24/7/14 at 06:04 PM

I'll be up for a run out on Sunday morning, although the weather for then is looking wet and I melt in the rain. There's time yet for that to change so I'll u2u my mobile and if you let me have yours i can make a last minute call.

cerbera - 4/4/15 at 08:19 PM

Old thread new year.

Last minute I know, but will be out tomorrow to blow some cobwebs off the Phoenix. It may be short run or long run depending on the weather. Either way I'll be heading towards Settle first thing.

Anyone interested in joining leave a post and I'll arrange a meeting point.

[Edited on 4/4/15 by cerbera]

stevegough - 4/4/15 at 09:43 PM

Sorry, Cerbera. No can do. As you say, new year, it was about this time last year I sold mine and the weather picked up - and it stayed beautiful until about November....!

Good news is - we sold the bungalow, and we've just bought a great house.....

..... and the bad news ....

......its got an ordinary (single car) garage .....

but the house was a stupendous bargain, so I got pots of money left.....!

..... and extending the garage is just one of the plans I got for it .... !

..... Watch this space, and have a great summer, boys!

And - that great pic of the Fury is in front of Glydis near Tryfan. As a matter of fact it isn't far from the spot in my avatar...!

[Edited on 4/4/15 by stevegough]

cerbera - 4/4/15 at 09:48 PM

Sounds like a new project coming after the garage extension...

welderman - 4/4/15 at 11:24 PM

Bugger. We're going Easter Egg Hunting lol. Might try getTing out Monday though. It's been a while.
Got the Fury back and it's not been used in anger yet.
Have a good run out tomorrow

welderman - 5/4/15 at 07:25 AM

Drive safe. Don't think we will be able to see the Easter bunny it's that foggy here !

stevegough - 5/4/15 at 08:30 AM

quote:
Sounds like a new project coming after the garage extension...

I reckon it will take us a year to get 'straight' - THEN.....

Not sure whether to build a Cobra.... but - there was a lot to like about the Luego Lotus 7 ....

Hi to all the PASA guys... I'll be back, don't worry!

adithorp - 5/4/15 at 08:44 AM

That was a good evening.

I'm laid up with a bad back at the moment. Thought it was getting better so was planning to try riding my bike today and then getting out in the Fury tomorrow... Suddenly got worse again last night so feet up now and apparently I'm going shopping on Monday

Oh well, I'll spend some time route planning for the Alps trip.

stevegough - 5/4/15 at 08:57 AM

quote:
That was a good evening.

I'm laid up with a bad back at the moment. Thought it was getting better so was planning to try riding my bike today and then getting out in the Fury tomorrow... Suddenly got worse again last night so feet up now and apparently I'm going shopping on Monday

Oh well, I'll spend some time route planning for the Alps trip.

It was a good run out, a bit scary, and the Guy in the Green Fury did a wheelspin on loose gravel in front of me, ~+ gave me a Stone Shower which jammed my seat runners, but Hey! Ho!

Sorry to hear about your back, Adi - get some Voltarol tablets - magic, they are! Then you'll be right as rain for Monday's Shopping with the boss - LOL!

adithorp - 5/4/15 at 10:03 AM

Can't believe Tommy did a thing like that...

welderman - 5/4/15 at 12:42 PM

I remember that day out too. Tommy has a very bad back now and I can't see him getting in a kit car anytime soon. I keep asking if he wants to come out for a passenger ride with me and says his backs not so good.

cerbera - 5/4/15 at 01:39 PM

Ahhhhh. Mission accomplished, cobwebs removed

daveb83 - 5/4/15 at 05:36 PM

Only just seen this, would have been up for a cobweb removal session but am currently in Anglesey, not in the kit unfortunately, hopefully il be able to get it out tomorrow though.

james h - 5/4/15 at 05:47 PM

Ahh the good old PASA runs out

My car is down saaf at the moment, I think it'll be back in Wray for summer. Just replacing the regulator and coils and I'll be good for some runs out!

welderman - 5/4/15 at 07:10 PM

Where did you end up fella ?

Looking like a mid morning jaunt out for me. Just back from Easter Egg hunt

cerbera - 5/4/15 at 07:48 PM

Settle for the obligatory bacon sarnie then Ribblehead, Hawes, Sedburgh, Kirby Lonsdale then home. Quite foggy until Settle then glorious sunshine till I arrived back in Preston.

Was remarkably traffic free on the interesting roads.

Enjoy the run where ever you get

[Edited on 5/4/15 by cerbera]

stevegough - 6/4/15 at 03:09 AM

What, no foggy pics? Tut tut!

welderman - 6/4/15 at 11:43 AM

Pretty foggy out there this morning. But that's not my main problem. Pictures to follow

Popped over to Tommy's drop his Easter egg off
Thought it was a bit strange driving and put it down to needing new bushes.
Only to find this when I got it back to work.

[Edited on 6/4/15 by welderman]

welderman - 6/4/15 at 11:55 AM

This is the second time this has happened on my Fury.

MkII - 6/4/15 at 12:09 PM

Do you know anybody who can weld😜

welderman - 6/4/15 at 12:15 PM

Haha yes I do. And just bought 2 new Lorch mig sets on Friday. Will give one a try out on the kit.
Can't belive its happened twice now and on different sides too.

How's the cart racing going fella ?

adithorp - 6/4/15 at 12:30 PM

Have you been jumping over hump-back bridges again?

A lot of lightweight chassis from KitCarWorkshop era had this trouble. The tubing is too thin on the diff cage. 18's gauge if I recall, but the tolerance means it could be a lot thinner. Later ones from BGH onward have thicker tubes. Jim Giblett (twice) and Dave Hobbs have both broken theirs but have had them remade by ProComp.

Mine was made after the problem was discovered. Having drilled through one of the tubes to weld in a bush for a towing eye it was much thicker than 18's. It also has webs from the bracket to the chassis tube to reduce the flexing, across the back of the seat and the rear mount ones go inward to the diff cage rear tube. You can see them in this picture...

[URL=http://s189.photobucket.com/user/adrianthorp/media/fury091.jpg.html][/U RL]

welderman - 6/4/15 at 10:27 PM

Ah yes. I see. Will have a gook tomorrow

adithorp - 6/4/15 at 10:51 PM

Just for reference if it happens while out/away... A jubilee clip through the bracket and around the tube will hold it in place while you find somewhere to get it welded.

welderman - 6/4/15 at 10:54 PM

Cheers Adi will keep that one in mind.
Managed 20 miles. And did by chance went over the national speed limit a few times :0 because I'm crazy. So Tom says !