Board logo

LocostBuilders 'camp out' event - third time lucky?
ChrisW - 11/3/14 at 01:34 PM

Hi everyone

So the idea of a 'camp out' weekend has been floating around for a while now. Every year I've said I'm going to do it, this year is the year I'm going to make it happen.

The venue I now have in mind is in Newton Longville, a village near Milton Keynes https://goo.gl/maps/KbamX

For dates, I'm provisionally thinking of the weekend of either:

- 23-25th August (note this is a bank holiday, but the event would be just one night)
- 6-7th September

Depending on numbers, budget, etc the idea would be to have a bar open all evening and some kind of entertainment, probably a couple of local bands. There will be catering both in the evening and for breakfast at extra cost. I'm hoping ticket price will be around £10-15 per person.

Of course this will all come down to how many tickets are sold as to what I can lay on - if 10 people turn up we'll be in the local pub, if it's a couple of hundred I will be able to provide a lot more. For this reason I have to sell tickets in advance. Priority will be given to LB members, but others will also be welcome.

At this stage I'm looking for some feedback on dates, especially whether the bank holiday is good idea - I'm concious that people might want to go away for it - and if it is whether a Saturday night or Sunday night is best. Also on ticket price and what you would expect for the money.

Over to you....!

Chris

[Edited on 11/3/2014 by ChrisW]

jossey - 11/3/14 at 01:46 PM

I'm in.... Dates are ok.

David j

adithorp - 11/3/14 at 01:48 PM

I'd be up for it. I'd avoid the BH though as it will tend to rule a few people out (me included possibly) who will have other plans. After the couple of false starts in the past I'm tempted to threaten to show my arse if it happens... but I won't; That might scare people off.

owelly - 11/3/14 at 02:08 PM

August 24th is PPCintPark, so I'm out.

ChrisW - 11/3/14 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
August 24th is PPCintPark, so I'm out.

Good catch! I won't want to compete with that. So, 6-7th September then everyone?

Chris

olimarler - 11/3/14 at 03:27 PM

Sounds good to me the sept dates!
I live in MK so more chance of not breaking down on the way!!

40inches - 11/3/14 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by olimarler
I live in MK

Isn't it a bit cramped?

nick205 - 11/3/14 at 05:16 PM

As above best to avoid BH as people be more likely to have other family commitments etc. A Saturday would be better than a Sunday night IMHO for most people.

hkp57 - 11/3/14 at 06:07 PM

To get long distance travellers it needs to be 2 nights, 355 miles each way for me is too much for one night.

computid - 11/3/14 at 06:58 PM

As with the last two, I'm in

If you need any help with organising Chris you know I'm just down the road so feel free to drop me a line!

mangogrooveworkshop - 11/3/14 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hkp57
To get long distance travellers it needs to be 2 nights, 355 miles each way for me is too much for one night.

You can't be that far from my location

cloudy - 11/3/14 at 08:10 PM

Just down the road, so I'd certainly stop by!

PSpirine - 11/3/14 at 08:14 PM

Haven't got my kit yet (well, it's a pile of old bits in the garage) but would be keen as long as it's not BH - MK is close enough and weather could still be pretty decent then

hkp57 - 11/3/14 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
quote:

According to google maps its 355 miles to EH47 from the location Chris posted

steve m - 11/3/14 at 08:34 PM

If im off on those dates, im in

mangogrooveworkshop - 11/3/14 at 08:39 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
quote:

According to google maps its 355 miles to EH47 from the location Chris posted

399 mi for me

ChrisW - 12/3/14 at 12:39 AM

Sorry to those that it's a huge distance away from. Wherever I do it someone will be in that position so I have to pick somewhere that works reasonably well for the majority and myself - lets not forget the logistics involved for me in putting something like this on!

I don't know for sure where you guys are, but a quick look on the Easyjet site says £72 return from Edinburgh to Luton on that weekend and I'm sure a friendly LB'er will pick you up from there. I appreciate it's still £72, but that's less than a tank of petrol in the tin top.

Chris

carpmart - 12/3/14 at 10:29 AM

I'm up for this and can presently make either date!

bob - 14/3/14 at 07:39 PM

Yeah why not, september dates ok with me.

FOZ500 - 4/8/14 at 04:10 PM

Hi Chris
Is this going ahead still? If so....
Count me in as I'm in need of some va va voom
To stop me selling it!!

[Edited on 4/8/14 by FOZ500]

Dave Bailey - 4/7/15 at 10:32 PM

Yep I'm in...

Dave B

steve m - 4/7/15 at 11:55 PM

it was last year ?

Dave Bailey - 5/7/15 at 07:07 AM

O how embarrassing! I was trawling and thought that sounds good...I'll have some of that!

:-(

jossey - 5/7/15 at 07:10 AM

Why don't we arrange for Chris. Set some dates up etc.

Dave Bailey - 5/7/15 at 07:43 AM

Sounds great...

Shaggydoo - 24/1/16 at 12:11 AM

Are you guys planning another camping get together this year?

loggyboy - 24/1/16 at 12:17 AM

another.... makes it sound like this one happened!

owelly - 24/1/16 at 05:48 AM

Tickets available in the shop......

bi22le - 24/1/16 at 12:01 PM

I would of thought the best that can happen is 1 or 2 track days are designated LCB and everyone tries to get there.

owelly - 24/1/16 at 05:37 PM

Hows abouts Franks middle trackday?

adithorp - 24/1/16 at 06:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Hows abouts Franks middle trackday?

It would seem the obvious option...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=202051

Rosco86 - 24/1/16 at 06:06 PM

I once went on a SXOC (200sx owners) weekender, was awesome, I think it was the first one they did, it was at Prescott hill climb with camping there also, there was a fee for the weekend including a b&q and pay extra to go up the hill, I think it was Friday and sat night with the hill open sat and sun, it really was a top weekend!

Edit, looks like they do it at rockingham now http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?584409-The-Weekender-2016!!!!!!!-The-details-thread

[Edited on 24/1/16 by Rosco86]