Board logo

Hello.... potential new builder here! (New Members section not working)
SlopeSoarer - 11/6/16 at 09:49 AM

Hi

I'm getting ready to commit to building a car and missed (foolishly) Stoneleigh, what other kit car shows/exhibitions are recommended?

I intend visiting a few manufacturers/suppliers but I also feel the need to speak people who have gone through the process before I dip my toes to far into the muddy water.

I need to build a support network to help get me through the process... here seems a good place to start: )

Simon
Bolton, Lancs

scudderfish - 11/6/16 at 10:46 AM

Welcome!

Put your location in your profile so that anyone local will be able to help wherever you ask a question

Regards,
David

SlopeSoarer - 11/6/16 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
Welcome!

Put your location in your profile so that anyone local will be able to help wherever you ask a question

Regards,
David

Done...

ReMan - 11/6/16 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SlopeSoarer

I need to build a support network to help get me through the process... here seems a good place to start: )

Simon
Bolton, Lancs

Its the best there is
Welcome

jonabonospen - 11/6/16 at 11:28 PM

I guess the first place to start would be asking what type of car do you want, and are you wanting a car or bike engined steed?

coozer - 12/6/16 at 09:35 AM

Kit, scratch build or project??

All in good support here for whatever you build/buy.

SlopeSoarer - 12/6/16 at 12:09 PM

I'll start posting some thoughts, questions, concerns in another forum category...

Are there any other events that I should be looking out for now I've missed this years Stoneleigh?

Cheers

Simon

adithorp - 12/6/16 at 12:42 PM

Unfortunately Stoneleigh is about the only dedicated show left. There's events like the CASTLE COMBE Kits+Classics action day and latter in the year TotalKitCar Live at Brands Hatch (if it happens)

It might be worth popping over to FRANKS TRACKDAYS as there'll be a few kits/members at those. Also worth looking out for any manufacturers open days like the SYLVA day Even if it's not a manufacturer you're interested in it'll give you ideas and there's often car from other makers turn up.

When were you planning on making a start and what sort of time scale to complete?