Board logo

Have fun!!
bi22le - 30/4/17 at 09:04 AM

Another year and another year not going Stoneleigh.

It is a long old trot up for me and being bank holiday I always have something family orientated on.

To all that are going, spend lots, take lots of pics and do the kit car community proud.

I am sure that someone will start a stoneleigh pic topoc soon.

Enjoy!

coozer - 30/4/17 at 10:39 AM

Me n all, just couldn't motivate me self for the 3 hour drive even though I've been down there every night this week with work!

Schrodinger - 30/4/17 at 03:21 PM

Me too, it's a long drive from Torquay to Stoneleigh, but hope to be there next year.

dave36 - 30/4/17 at 03:50 PM

Good show, turnout quite good - been walking around looking for zetec silvertops to learn about setup but not found one yet - anyone there reading this can find me on the jago stand

trextr7monkey - 30/4/17 at 03:52 PM

My son is working night shift watching intensive care babies so I have gone in the opposite direction and an drinking Tetleys in a hot tub beside a log cabin up in Nothumberland looking forward to my birthday tomorrow. Maybe get down there again next year!
Atb
Mike

Bluemoon - 30/4/17 at 07:59 PM

will be there tomorrow 😊

ianhurley20 - 30/4/17 at 09:28 PM

Just got back home - good show but a few less exhibitors than usual - been there the last few years and missed the Riot ( I think) show in hall 4 ish. New exhibitor Martin Batho is really impressive with his aluminium bodied sevenesque car. Some really nice work in making of his front and rear wings and in making a nose cone that is a little higher and allows clearance for a Zetec without sump mods out of a single piece of alumiium. He was the highlight of the show for me ( apart from the girls on the Ultima stand - again ;-) ) Most of the usual suspects there and by mid afternoon lots of people in attendance.

Ugg10 - 30/4/17 at 09:51 PM

Anyone got any pictures to share.

From reports I think the batho looks like best value and I was hoping the automirage 250 was going to be accessible but £120k factory built is well beyond reach (doesn't even have m3 running gear, makes do with 330i), that well above an ultima or a xcs cobra and into s1 etype or merc 190sl money.

Were exo sports cars there with the exotech, looks interesting (mevabusa with a zetec engine). Any news on whether MeV will release an updated rocket with the new nose in the uk?

Murdoc - 1/5/17 at 06:46 AM

Are there any cash machines there? I read they were missing last year, I'm going today and not sure how much I will spend! Cheers.

ianhurley20 - 1/5/17 at 07:41 AM

In reply - Exo sportscars were there with several cars but I didn't look at them in detail - anther interesting Exo type car was exhibited though, the V-storm, which has 3 seats and either scooby engine or a Zetec/Duratec enginge - cash machines - sorry - I didn't see any but wasn't looking for one though. And finally, no photos either from me

Ugg10 - 1/5/17 at 07:55 AM

Thanks Ian, interesting the vstorm now has a zetec/duratec, original engine was an aprilia twin.

Nathsx - 1/5/17 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ugg10
Anyone got any pictures to share.

From reports I think the batho looks like best value and I was hoping the automirage 250 was going to be accessible but £120k factory built is well beyond reach (doesn't even have m3 running gear, makes do with 330i), that well above an ultima or a xcs cobra and into s1 etype or merc 190sl money.

Were exo sports cars there with the exotech, looks interesting (mevabusa with a zetec engine). Any news on whether MeV will release an updated rocket with the new nose in the uk?

I have some pictures, will have them uploaded this week at some point

edit: see stoneleigh 2017 picture thread

[Edited on 2/5/17 by Nathsx]