Board logo

Dutton reef.
chrisxr2 - 27/4/18 at 10:11 AM

So I stumbled across one of what it turns out is one of two of these hybrid boat cars. Based on a 2011 1.6 fiesta detection. By all accounts it has not been straight forward, disabling of the ABS stops the whole car running, front hubs moved to the back with the engine.

[Edited on 27/4/18 by chrisxr2]

nick205 - 27/4/18 at 11:13 AM

If you "right mouse click" on the picture and then "Save Image As" to save the picture to your computer you can add it to your Locostbuilders Photo Archive and add it to you post from there.

jps - 27/4/18 at 12:36 PM

Must be a very niche customer base - £20k for a fully built one seems a lot when you could just spend 10k on a decent car and 10k a decent boat!

CosKev3 - 27/4/18 at 02:43 PM

Take it into the sea,pull the plug out and let it become part of a proper reef on the sea bed would be the best thing for that!

HowardB - 27/4/18 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Take it into the sea,pull the plug out and let it become part of a proper reef on the sea bed would be the best thing for that!

Perhaps the owner lives in one of those places that floods a lot, or maybe they are a Bond villain and live on an Island,...

it is a repeating concept in the market, people must feel that there is a market, but then other than militarised versions not many models last,

if this rain keeps up - I might need a boat - -

SteveWalker - 27/4/18 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jps
Must be a very niche customer base - £20k for a fully built one seems a lot when you could just spend 10k on a decent car and 10k a decent boat!

If I had £20k to spare for one, I'd buy an Alvis Stalwart instead and keep any left-over money for fuel - although at £18K for a top end one and with a 450l fuel tank capacity, I'd not get many fills out of any change!

HowardB - 27/4/18 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
quote:
Originally posted by jps

If I had £20k to spare for one, I'd buy an Alvis Stalwart instead and keep any left-over money for fuel - although at £18K for a top end one and with a 450l fuel tank capacity, I'd not get many fills out of any change!

and no space on your drive,...

HowardB - 27/4/18 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
quote:
Originally posted by jps

and no space on your drive,...

although you can do this youtube linky

chrisxr2 - 27/4/18 at 05:28 PM

That allis looks great fun. I spotted the car near Sleaford in lincs so not near any significant bodies of water thats for sure.

Theshed - 27/4/18 at 07:18 PM

Way too slow.....get one of these

http://www.fastamphibians.com/ducks-to-help-in-haiti-how-about-a-modern-amphibian/