Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stoneleigh, is it still worth a drive?
AdrianH

posted on 3/5/15 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Stoneleigh, is it still worth a drive?

Very subjective I know

Tomorrow, Monday, looks to be a decent day, Will have a drive out but is it worth the 2 1/2 hours drive down to have a visit. Who been or is there, what are your thoughts?

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

Slimy38

posted on 3/5/15 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
I had a fantastic day to be honest, same number of cars (if not more) than I've seen in other years. Lovely weather, some fabulous cars on show (check out the Tribute Automotive D-type, it's top notch). I have no doubt I made a good decision.

BUT, I believe it's absolutely chucking it down tonight, so it might see some people heading home already. That's why I went today.

Daf

posted on 3/5/15 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
I had a good day there today - I don't think there was as many traders as I remember but I could be wrong, its a few years since I last went. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get there and I wasn't dissapointed
ianhurley20

posted on 3/5/15 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Just over 3 hours driving in some awful wet weather to get there but it stopped raining as we arrived just before the show opened. Same number of traders there as usual and some bargains to be had but a few less open topped cars outside than last year (weathers fault I think). We had a great day and our only whinge is the catering traders outside charging £2 for a 40pence bottle of water. Other wise brill.

adithorp

posted on 4/5/15 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
The suns out on the show ground. Should be a good day.

After the overnight rain and forecast, yesterday was better than expected in the end.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

raptor700
Contributor

Posts 241
Registered 28/2/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MK INDY R GSXR 1000 K5. Now sold..... Ready for th

posted on 4/5/15 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
We drove 2 1/2 hours , it's the only show left really , sun came out yesterday and was a good day. The new ultima evolution is worth a look and the candy red ak427 is amazing.
Sold some hubs to a guy from Belgium , bought a go race quick release, an s.a fabrication rear diffuser and some carbon front arches from Sean at kit car direct . Got some great discount .

Well worth the trip.

HowardB

posted on 4/5/15 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
I got drowned on the way there and had to drill holes in the floor to let the water.... it was still worth it. Great to meet up too and a great welcome from the JPSC.... hot tea a biscuit or 3......

Enjoyed it, will go again

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 4/5/15 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
I went both days got wet on the way on Sunday but was dry when I got there a lot quieter on Sunday than normal but today was very busy which was good too see I thought it was a good show .
ken555

posted on 4/5/15 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I thought so.

[Edited on 4-5-15 by ken555]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.