Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le Mans Classic
Dave Bailey

posted on 5/1/16 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Le Mans Classic

Thinking of a road trip to the Le Mans classic. I have been offered a good price for crossing from Portsmouth with a camping pitch at Bleu Nord.. Anyone got any advice about this camping site?

Thanks
Dave B

cliftyhanger

posted on 5/1/16 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
No idea on the site (I am on tetre rouge), but I do know ferry crossings going up rapidly (I booked newhaven/dieppe last week @£98, now £170ish) so don't hang about. Great event, pretty chilled and the variety is superb.

If you want to book direct the website is peterauto. Definitely get the paddock passes, I think about £75 a ticket for general admission and paddocks.

AndyW

posted on 5/1/16 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Been on Bleu Nord for the past two years but not for classic, just standard 24hr. Was ok facilities good and clean, but there are a few who camp there with all night disco's, fireworks and general twatting about. Other than that (which can happen on any site) I had no problems with it either year. This year we are trying Beausejour as had friends on there last year and it seemed really chilled out.
ChrisW

posted on 5/1/16 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Not done the Classic but this year looks like it might be the first time. Will be the 8th consecutive year at the 24hrs in June.

We always stay on Houx because of it's proximity to the Village (aka pits, start-finish, etc). Not sure what availability is like for the Classic but that site gets booked out a year in advance for the 24hrs. I reserved my places (22 of us this year) back in August.

Blue Nord is reasonably well placed on the outfield near the main entrance. I guess you are going with one of the package people? 1st Tickets maybe? If that's right Brian is well organised, top guy, and his site is a great place to stay. Again I only have experience of the 24hrs but I assume the Classic will be just as well organised.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dave Bailey

posted on 5/1/16 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys.. I have been quoted 269 for 4 nights ar Bleu Nord with ferry crossing which seems cheap... I can't book the ferry for that price....

Dave B

ChrisW

posted on 5/1/16 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Is that for two sharing a car? I organise a group trip every year (to the 24 hrs) and it works out at £195 per head based on two sharing.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dave Bailey

posted on 5/1/16 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
No just me in the car... Sailing from Portsmouth....

Dave B

cliftyhanger

posted on 5/1/16 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Campsite tickets are approx £75, entry without paddocks about £50-60, so if that £269 includes a portsmouth ferry it is a bargain as the ferry is about that!
https://peterauto.peter.fr/en/billeterie

[Edited on 5/1/16 by cliftyhanger]

adithorp

posted on 5/1/16 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
Stayed on the main BleuNord for the classic 6 years ago and it was terrible. About 10 toilets and 3 showers for 5000 people. BleuSud is good but thats reserved but I wouldn't consider Nord agian.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

ChrisW

posted on 5/1/16 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Stayed on the main BleuNord for the classic 6 years ago and it was terrible. About 10 toilets and 3 showers for 5000 people. BleuSud is good but thats reserved but I wouldn't consider Nord agian.

Presumably you stayed on the public area of Bleu Nord not one of the private areas? (eg 1st Tickets as mentioned earlier)

Private camping areas make a lot of sense on the big sites (Bleu Nord/Sud, Beasejour, etc). The higher-end infield sites like Houx, Houx Annexe, etc it's not such an issue.

Chris

My gaff my rules

adithorp

posted on 6/1/16 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
Yes.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Dave Bailey

posted on 6/1/16 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
The Porsche curve or Bleu Nord....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.