Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What to do - 30th March?
ravingfool

posted on 26/3/14 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
What to do - 30th March?

so...

I've got some of the other half's relatives visiting this weekend from France.

Apparently they're interested in cars and all usual fun things so I thought I'd see if the collective has any knowledge of anything happening this weekend?

They arrive early afternoon on Saturday and are staying approx a week although I'll be at work most of that time. Particularly looking for something for Sunday.

I'd be keen to go down to Brands Hatch for the BTCC but the other half has vetoed this as being a bit too much of a serious motorsports day as it would wipe out the whole day in one place and although I see it as a bonus that it's so close there's not much scenery between Purley and Brands and they'd like to see a little of England whilst they're here.

(The Goodwood meeting would also be ideal - if I was a member and could afford such things!)

I suspect it's a bit early in the season for much else in terms of car shows or similar but if you've got any suggestions for the weekend please share!

I'm located in Purley these days so looking for things in London/ the South/ South-East. If we can't come up with something more interesting then a trip to Stone Henge is on the cards followed by pottering down to the New Forest potentially. That would be fine but will likely require much more talking than would be ideal...

Obviously as I speak French with aplomb the more active or the more things to point and nod at the better!

Merci d'avance!

ste

posted on 26/3/14 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes museum or track day
nick205

posted on 26/3/14 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
If you're heading to the new forest anyway then get yourself down to Beaulieu to the national motor museum. Reasonable entry price and a mix of history with the abbey, scenery with the grounds and motors in the museum. Plenty of pubs around for an evening meal and drink on the way home too.

Non car related, but the Portsmouth historic dockyard is another good day out and dead easy straight down the a3 as well.

ravingfool

posted on 26/3/14 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
Great suggestions guys, thanks for your help!

Now I just have to get one of those agreed, wish me luck...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.