Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brilliant weekend sprinting on Anglesey!
daniel mason

posted on 7/9/14 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant weekend sprinting on Anglesey!

Great weekend sprinting at ty-croes. Weather held up and was nice both days. Track was in good order and there was some serious machines there!
I was a little disappointed not to break the 7 year old national B class record,and missed out by 8 tenths with a 90.4 on the international. Record is at 89.59!
Myself and Gordon Riley both won our classes on both days although unfortunately on the Saturday there was only 2 in my class (which I won by 47 secs). There were 5 in class today which was a bit better! And was around 9 secs ahead of second place.

phelpsa

posted on 7/9/14 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like it was a good weekend. I couldn't make it (starting a new job tomorrow) but my father and sister were competing in the Locost and really enjoyed it (apart from the bit where the bonnet came off....)! Well done on the class win.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 7/9/14 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I saw them in the bar and your name on the entry list and almost went to say hello. I thought it was your mum,dad, you and your wife. So it's a good job I didn't embarrass myself! Lol

CNHSS1

posted on 8/9/14 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
Good work Dan :-)

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

daniel mason

posted on 8/9/14 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. Footage on my youtube page if anyone's interested in posting a link! Cheers

bigfoot4616

posted on 8/9/14 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vFGNUI5_xE

look to be going well there dan.

daniel mason

posted on 8/9/14 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Richard. I lost a little bit in the first corner and a fair amount through church as my tyres were gone. It was on the limit of grip on every corner with the front wanting to understeer, which is a shame. If I'd have had a bit more bite at the front and gone flat through church I'd have grabbed a new record.

CNHSS1

posted on 8/9/14 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched the vid Dan, front ends a nightmare! You can see how tentative youre having to be, turning in early and hoping it will commit. Did well to keep the washout at Rocket to a minimum.
On the last corner hairpin, are you taking an early turn in due to the tyre grip or to avoid the bumps? In mind normally stay out left lo ger to straighten the run over the line but its proper bumpy, is it as bad in yours?

Conditions looked good though, with some better front end youd have demolished the record for sure! :-)

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

daniel mason

posted on 8/9/14 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest I didn't realise I turned in early on the last hairpin! Lol. Someone had dumped oil on the exit of rocket about 3 cars in front of me so it was a bit slippery, and I think some of the lack of front end grip was due to me going in a bit hot.
I was just turning in early and hanging on as it washed wide. Still took 7 tenths off my pb and within a second of a record so wasn't too disappointed! Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.