Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone wanting to start sprinting next year?
daniel mason

posted on 3/10/14 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone wanting to start sprinting next year?

There's a good series running at blyton next year. Generally small entries and reasonable fees @£120 .
Novices and experienced drivers are welcome.
It's run by the mini cross drivers association and there's a class for everyone!
Am thinking of doing this as well as liverpool motor clubs speed series!
There are 4 rounds. All at blyton, with different layouts. Some are long double lappers too so should be fun!
If anyone's interested in starting out then inbox me and I'll dig out more info!

bi22le

posted on 3/10/14 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I may consider sprinting in a year or so. Unfortunatly That is faaaaaaaaaaaaar to north for me to do.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

daniel mason

posted on 3/10/14 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Travelling is one thing you may have to do for some competative sprinting. We regularly drive 3 1/2 to 4 hours to events. As we are pretty isolated up here in the Lake District !

Benzine

posted on 3/10/14 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
there's a class for everyone!

Is there a diesel class? or would I just go by engine size/forced induction?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 3/10/14 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not entirely sure on that. But if it's a kit then I'm sure you would be in class with others of similar sized engine!

bi22le

posted on 3/10/14 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Travelling is one thing you may have to do for some competative sprinting. We regularly drive 3 1/2 to 4 hours to events. As we are pretty isolated up here in the Lake District !

sod that. I have a company car and free diesel so that takes the sting out of the cost. I dont fancy driving all day for the privilege of sprinting.

Local tracks would be a must for any sprinting season I entered into.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

jeffw

posted on 3/10/14 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:
there's a class for everyone!

Is there a diesel class? or would I just go by engine size/forced induction?

There is a adjustment factor for Diesel and forced induction. It is in the MSA Blue Book and also in most Regs. Roadgoing Kit cars are split in 2 classes, upto 1700cc and over 1700 normally.

CNHSS1

posted on 3/10/14 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Forced induction factor for sprints/hills is 1.4 (2L becomes 2.8L etc) for circuit racing its 1.7 factor.

Sprints hills diesel is a negative, think its .7 but a squint at the bluebook will confirm and dont think the turbo is tak3 into account either so a 1.9L turbo diesel is factored purely on capacity not on capacity plus forced induction factor

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

daniel mason

posted on 3/10/14 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
There is more info and a beginners guide at
www.mini-cross.co.uk
Also dates for 2015 events. Not sure on class structure for this series and not sure how competative it is. But seems good value with as view to getting new faces involved. And great facilities and circuit!

Dopdog

posted on 3/10/14 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote

sod that. I have a company car and free diesel so that takes the sting out of the cost. I dont fancy driving all day for the privilege of sprinting.

Local tracks would be a must for any sprinting season I entered into.

It sounds interesting Dan I will look into this,

Once you have done a sprint track days will be a thing of the past, I loved them but after my first sprint I have never been back and will travel as far as need be for a good days sprinting.

[Edited on 3/10/14 by Dopdog]

daniel mason

posted on 4/10/14 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
I tend to travel the afternoon before and make a night of it! The paddock banter is always good fun!

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 4/10/14 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'm definitely interested if you have a a link for all the details. I did my first sprint last month and want to do plenty more next year. Would like to keep them local as well and Blyton isn't too far at all.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.