Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TotalKitCar Live BrandsHatch
luke2152

posted on 14/11/14 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going to pop in tomorrow - hopefully meet a few of you and get some inspiration for my last push to the IVA

[Edited on 14/11/14 by luke2152]

Andybarbet

posted on 14/11/14 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just looked on the website, got our tickets through yesterday, there's no mention of opening times anywhere.

Can anyone give me a clue ? I was planning on getting there for about 10.30am if the journey goes ok.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 941
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 14/11/14 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'm meeting up with the lads on the A127 at 7:45 at the half way house brentwood. We should be getting to brands at 9:00 (ish)
I'll be on the Essex stand - apparently we're on a hard stand just by the main gate.

See ya there

JC

posted on 14/11/14 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
The pop up on my totalkitcar subscription says gates open at 8am!!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andybarbet

posted on 15/11/14 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was quite a good show, nice to bump into a few people, good to see 2 luego ' there too.

My son enjoyed seeing the cars on track & walking around the pit garages was interesting, shame there wasn't more parts sellers though.

About half a mile up the road when we left, there was what looked like a badly damaged blue/black westfield in the hedge on the verge, hope they were ok, some people had stopped to help & I couldn't pull over safely by the time I realised what was going on.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

greenwood03

posted on 15/11/14 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
well i'm not one for shows, prefer driving to wandering, but had a cracking outing - about 30 of us from SKCC had brekkie nearby and then pottered up to Brands. Met a few new faces and enjoyed what I saw, although yes there were few traders - that said, i'm not in the market for much/anything.

I also saw the car 'parked' as i went home but like yous aw there was someone in attendance - was tempted to turn around, but right;y/wrongly figured that it was under control......hope so anyway!

think we were lucky with the weather, just 1 downpour for 20 mins this afternoon .......

pity that a fair few more clubs/owners didn't buy into this show/meet....

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

INDY BIRD

posted on 15/11/14 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yep was there had a good time always better when there's some action,

Like you saw the car but people already stopped It looked like the m3 god legend backed into the trees god knows how it got there as its a straight road hope they was all ok though

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 941
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 15/11/14 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
I too saw the BMW powered car "parked" on the way home - hope they're ok.

Was quite a good day today - it's nice to see some quality engineering on some of the cars. I've got to say the cobra's seem to love the damp conditions - they were very quick.

Didn't get to ride in anything - the time just flew but had a nice day with "Indy bird" and his brother.

bi22le

posted on 15/11/14 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
Yep was there had a good time always better when there's some action,

Like you saw the car but people already stopped It looked like the m3 god legend backed into the trees god knows how it got there as its a straight road hope they was all ok though

I didn't know you were going or I would of said high. I spent most of my time on my tod. Spoke to a few people and was happy in my own world admiring some very trick cars and skilful driving in the damp.

Was a good show I thoight. Would of been better if I was allowed on track.

Not one striker though of any breed. Shame really.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

metro6r4

posted on 15/11/14 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was a great day, I met a few people and got some passenger rides my favourites being the clio cup car and the sabre. It would have been better in the dry but given the time of year I think we were lucky. As said the track conditions weren't great but the drivers did a good job. Definatly going next year
adithorp

posted on 16/11/14 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
What a good day!

Had a great evening on Friday after unloading. Good turn out on Sat and good to put faces to a few names. Unfortunately the track conditions were not conducive to showing off the cars to their best; I've never known so little grip.

I anybody would like some gravel for their fish tank, let me know and I'll dig some out from my under-tray

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.