Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fantastic news, a new show!
stig mills

posted on 16/2/15 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Fantastic news, a new show!

Delighted to find details of a new show.
http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=862

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 16/2/15 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
So, its replacing Donnington and even further away! What a bummer!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

SteveWallace

posted on 16/2/15 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Slightly selfish of me, but that's not fantastic news. I only live 20 minutes from Donington!
philw

posted on 16/2/15 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Better for me though

Must try harder

theconrodkid

posted on 16/2/15 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
nearer for me as well

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 16/2/15 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I guess this why (or because) the BMC Dick Mayo Sprint has been moved to July 25th.

Combe should be a good venue for the kit car event, so I hope it ends up being viable. If the track noise limits are enforced as rigorously and ruthlessly as at a Combe motorsport event, I suspect some people may struggle. There's usually no leeway, the NIMBYs have pretty much clobbered Combe.

Ross Carter

posted on 16/2/15 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Newark gone, Donnington gone where next
stig mills

posted on 16/2/15 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ross Carter
Newark gone, Donnington gone where next

Castle Combe is where to go instead on the 20th June or later in the year there is another track based event at Brands run by TKC on 14th November, I can see this type of show as the way forward.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kj

posted on 16/2/15 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Another southern show, what about Yorkshire, North East England, Scotland ?

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

sandwich

posted on 16/2/15 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Good to see an addition to an existing good show, should be better than the old kit shows like Donny and Newark where there wasn't much there apart from a load of RH's and a few other kits and a dwindling number of trade stands.

It always amazes me, people cry out for new shows then when one turns up people whine it's not on their doorstep. There's camping, travel and you never know it might be a good show. I see even the rh lot are being negative about it too

MikeRJ

posted on 16/2/15 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
That's great news for anyone living in the South West. Since the demise of Exeter, there's been nothing within a reasonable distance.
Wheels244

posted on 16/2/15 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Is this replacing Donington ?

I go to Donington - I won't go to this - it's too far away.

Build Blog: http://wheels244.wordpress.com/

kj

posted on 16/2/15 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Sure kit manufacturer s don't mind taken money north of Birmingham but not willing to travel for potential customers

theduck

posted on 16/2/15 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Aren't a lot of manufacturers north of birmingham?
kj

posted on 17/2/15 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
Yep a few so why don't they come north ?

Alfa145

posted on 17/2/15 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
Yep a few so why don't they come north ?

Because no one has setup a show in the North since Harrogate went. If someone setup a decent show then perhaps they would go. Manufacturers are only a part of a show.

Shows are slowly dying, even Stonleigh is a shadow of it's former self and will probably go once HS2 cuts the site in half. Everyone buys on the internet "cos it's cheaper and quicker". Times change and the simple Kit car show won't last much longer.

Merging Kit shows with existing car shows is probably the way forward, greater numbers of punters from different areas of petrol heads.

[Edited on 17/2/15 by Alfa145]

kj

posted on 17/2/15 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Will ask on face book if Locostbuilders North can arraneg something with the fast lane show if its on. I know the lads from NE7ERS take their 7's

Wheels244

posted on 17/2/15 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
Will ask on face book if Locostbuilders North can arraneg something with the fast lane show if its on. I know the lads from NE7ERS take their 7's

I'd come north for it.

bob

posted on 21/2/15 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Lets hope they make the numbers in bookings this year, this show or the forerunner for it was planned for coombe last year but was cancelled due to lack of interest.

With the internet taking up a majority of parts sold the sellers seem less likely to pay for a pitch when they can sell from home.

The show organisers i understand want to make money for the effort but i cant see many more new shows in the future if they get greedy, i'll make a visit to coombe to give some support as without us they have no show.

AdamCKC

posted on 23/2/15 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
Lets hope they make the numbers in bookings this year, this show or the forerunner for it was planned for coombe last year but was cancelled due to lack of interest.

With the internet taking up a majority of parts sold the sellers seem less likely to pay for a pitch when they can sell from home.

The show organisers i understand want to make money for the effort but i cant see many more new shows in the future if they get greedy, i'll make a visit to coombe to give some support as without us they have no show.

Just for clarity, this event is not affiliated with the one that was proposed last year – we (Complete Kit Car magazine) were not involved with that.

We are running this with CC alongside an existing event which last year attracted more than 60 classic car clubs, so there's no question that will have the necessary support to go ahead. If we can bring the same number again of kit cars, together with the trade stands you'd see at any kit car show, it will be a fantastic gathering with plenty to see. This is not a track day: it's a show at a circuit venue which has the added benefit that you can take your car on track if you want to (and for just £20 for a 15-minute session booked in advance or £25 on the day).

The reasons we've moved from Donington to Castle Combe are in response to comments from kit car owners who want more to see at their shows, including the chance to take their car on a track, and traders/manufacturers who are very keen to align with other events for a fresh audience.

But for those who are not into driving on track, you'll still have a kit car show to see as well as a whole load of classic cars. And just like Donington, you can sit on the banking and watch the action on track.

Sure, some folk won't want to travel all the way to Wiltshire – but let's not forget that those in Devon and Cornwall have a helluva journey to the likes of Stoneleigh and Donington. For me living in Sussex, Donington is more than 170 miles each way, so it's not just around the corner from everyone! (Combe is only about 30 miles closer...)

Castle Combe is a different event to Donington, but in many ways it's better. If it wasn't, we would have carried on with what were doing!

Wheels244

posted on 23/2/15 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I wish you every success with the venture.
I'll mourn the loss of Donington - which was still a long way to go.
But Wiltshire is out of the question for me travelling from the north.

Rob

rusty nuts

posted on 23/2/15 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Had the show been over 2 days I would have made the effort to go but I'm not sure it's worth travelling from Cambridge for just one day. Hope it all goes well and maybe extended to 2 days in the future
SteveWallace

posted on 24/2/15 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
I would love to go to this (some great roads down through the Cotswolds), but from Nottingham it would be an overnight stay. That in itself isn't a problem, but what bothers me is booking it all and then not being able to go because the weather is bad.

My car is decidedly not weather proof and I think that it would wreck the interior if we had heavy rain on the way down or overnight. Not to mention the fact that I have no idea whether or not the electrics will survive such conditions (maybe I should take it through a car wash to find out ). This probably means making a last minute decision if the weather looks good, but then that would preclude booking track time, as it looks like this has to be done in advance through a club booking.

AdamCKC

posted on 24/2/15 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
You can book track time on the day – it's £25 for a 15-minute session on the day, as opposed to £20 in advance so not a huge premium...
bob

posted on 1/3/15 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Had the show been over 2 days I would have made the effort to go but I'm not sure it's worth travelling from Cambridge for just one day. Hope it all goes well and maybe extended to 2 days in the future

Rusty, you can camp Friday night for £8.

I am not sure what facilities are available but this would suit me,that is as long as showers are available as well as food.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.