Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes Roadster for sale - cheap!
John Tarantula

posted on 23/8/15 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Haynes Roadster for sale - cheap!

Well, got this November last year, drive it a bit, spun it on Christmas day, back end said hello to a bush, got it checked and frame straight so fixed up rear arches and primered.

Was going to paint it and do a couple of other outstanding jobs (new screen as present one cracked), tidy up other rear fibre glass damage, change sump gasket (slow drip) and fit speedo magent....but split with wife means I have a deadline to get it out of the garage!

Is on just over 8,000 miles, MOT til 23 May 2016.

Car located in East London / Essex (IG6).

I paid £3.5K for it last year, will sell for £2995 - do a bit of easy of cosmetic work or just drive as it is!

2.0 pinto engine, the third Roadster built and sounds amazing!

Builders (frankie boy) for sale thread here: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4719

The one I bought it from here: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/34/viewthread.php?tid=193460

And up to date photos (with my dad in it!) here: http://s629.photobucket.com/user/Glorious_Undead/library/Haynes%20Road ster

if you're interested message me on here or email: john_tarantula@hotmail.com and I'll send my number.

cheers, Michael

Haynes Roadster 2.0 Pinto
Audi A5 3.0 TDI
Triumph Speed Triple 955i

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

John Tarantula

posted on 31/8/15 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Bank holiday price drop to £2,495!

Audi A5 3.0 TDI

Nickp

posted on 31/8/15 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John Tarantula
Bank holiday price drop to £2,495!

Now that is cheap!!
If my Monte sells I'll be tempted to buy it as a stop-gap until mine's finished

John Tarantula

posted on 1/9/15 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Yep sure is cheap! I have a new job and will be losing garage once this is gone so need it gone. Have Had a question about the chassis - after bump with bush I got it checked at a shop where they measured it and it was straight. Replaced a suspension bolt and then repaired the wings. Primer them and that was as far as I got with it.

Audi A5 3.0 TDI

John Tarantula

posted on 2/9/15 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
This is where I got the frame / chassis checked before starting to fix it up: http://bodyshop.uk.com

not sure how clear it is in the pics but the back 'shelf', under the roll bar is also cracked and will need repairing. Car drives fine and passed MOT in May no problem, just cosmetics to fix if you feel inclined!

[Edited on 2/9/15 by John Tarantula]

Audi A5 3.0 TDI

John Tarantula

posted on 5/9/15 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Car now sold

Audi A5 3.0 TDI

navyseamonkey2011

posted on 8/9/15 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Many Thanks Michael, the car exactly as described. trying to get it home was comical!!
Ive already started work on it, bits everywhere!

John Tarantula

posted on 8/9/15 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
No problem mate, glad it got there in the end! Have fun playing with and driving her!

Audi A5 3.0 TDI

chrisxr2

posted on 4/11/15 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Back for sale

Interestingly no mention of its visit to a hedge, by the guy who owned it after me John tarantula which is a bit naughty in my opinion, and the mileage is wrong, should be 15000, looks lovely though all the same.

Haynes Roadster Kitcar 2.1 Pinto 2008 similar to Mk Indy, Well engineered car.

[Edited on 4/11/15 by chrisxr2]

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

navyseamonkey2011

posted on 4/11/15 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes Roadster

Hi Just seen this pop up in my emails!
I'm the current owner of the car I bought it off (John Tarantula) Michael a few months ago the mileage on the Speedometer (8,000)
and previous MOTs
24/04/2014 : 7822
25/04/2015 : 7944
corresponds to what is currently on the display, if there is a discrepancy I will look into it, but I purchased the car as having 8,000 miles.
As far as the damage the car received this was minimal, a small ding on the rear tub and both rear wheel arches were cracked.
The chassis was fully checked, the damage to the rear tub panel beaten out and two new wheel arches were re-fitted.
The car has had a Four wheel alignment check and everything is spot on.
It has been re-painted as the original yellow was badly faded and looked a mustard colour.

Is there really any need for me to declare on the advert that the car had a minor dent on the rear tub in the past?
Especially as I have stripped the car down and rebuilt it to a high standard, and spent a decent amount of money doing so.
Most kitcars have been built - rebuilt a few times in the past, this one is no different!!!!

[Edited on 4/11/15 by navyseamonkey2011]

[Edited on 4/11/15 by navyseamonkey2011]

chrisxr2

posted on 4/11/15 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Only one half of the trip odometer counter worked most of the time as the other half used to die in the cold. , so not sure on exact mileage, I always declare a car warts and all, probably to my detriment, but with cars that are known across forums especially so, if I recall you were worried about it being an insurance cat d, so you to would want warts and all from previous owners and even pmed me to ask questions, make from that what you will, due diligence from a prospective buyers will show up the accident and John tarantula mentioned it even though the car was checked after and straight. Lovely job as I said.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.