Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car Shows
SteveWallace

posted on 23/8/15 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Car Shows

Many of us on here have bemoaned the demise of many kit car shows in recent years. However, it turns out that there are lots of general car shows out there that are happy to see kit cars turn up and park in the show area (maybe this isn't a surprise to anyone but me!).

For example, last weekend I discovered one in Ilkeston, Derbyshire (just off J26 of M1) which is less than 3 miles from where I live. I went along expecting to see only a couple of cars, but the place was packed with cars of all vintages, including a few modern kit cars. I took a photo of this MG TC to inspire me to keep on with my restoration.

MG TC Ilkeston
MG TC Ilkeston

Someone there told me about one today at Lupins Farm (Just off the A38 south of Burton on Trent), and, since it was a nice morning I went along in the kit. This one was £4 a car entry with all proceeds to the Air Ambulance. Again, it was well attended with two fields full of cars of all types and a number of auto-jumble stands etc.

Description
Description

Description
Description

And to think that I was worried about the noise from my exhaust

I think that someone on here has previously posted this Linky which is a useful resource for finding shows, but there seems to be a number that it misses.

Not really sure what the point of this thread is, other than to draw attention to the number of shows out there, but it also occurs to me that we could try to get together at more of these shows in our kits as an antidote to the lack of kit car specific shows. I guess that the season is coming to an end soon, but I will try to raise awareness on here of similar events in my area next spring/summer (and if any more come up this year).

rusty nuts

posted on 23/8/15 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
I went to a car show last weekend in Saffron Walden, free entry for everyone but donations to the local hospice were welcome, turn up and leave when you like unlike some shows with no advance booking . Bumped into Paul (907 on here) and a few others I know . There was a few kits, American cars , hot rods , classic cars and a few newer cars including a Veyron . Great show with a good atmosphere . I will be taking the kit car to next years show. It might be a good idea to post up show details of all car shows well in advance especially when the car needs to be booked in
kj

posted on 23/8/15 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
You try and find anything in the north east or Scotland .

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

sdh2903

posted on 23/8/15 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Quite a few in Scotland if you look

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1488428

Rosco86

posted on 23/8/15 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
This is on next week

http://www.a47autojumble.co.uk

Just out from leicester forest east, it was realy good last year, i couldnt belive how many cars where there!!

My Build Thread

SJ

posted on 24/8/15 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I've got one on my doorstep which is usually quite good. Classics on the Green

Even if I don't go [no reason not to as entry is free] I get to see a stream of interesting cars driving by my front door!

Stu

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 24/8/15 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
A handful coming up near me shortly: Link

I'll probably be at the one in the second week of September.

AntonUK

posted on 24/8/15 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
I have noticed a shift from the big single theme events to smaller meetings with an anything goes arrangement over the last few years.

Pistonheads seem to have loads of weeknight meet ups. A mate of mine even found a group of like minded skoda owners for a pub meet.

I attended the Retro Rides Gathering yesterday which was really good, well until the torrential rain put everyone off.

Build Photos Here

inkafone

posted on 25/8/15 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone going to the A47 one this BH monday - should be there in the MOJO weather permitting.
AndyW

posted on 30/8/15 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr
A handful coming up near me shortly: Link

I'll probably be at the one in the second week of September.

I might have a drive up to that one. Will let you know

posted on 7/9/15 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
I went to a cracking show this Sunday at Bury St Eds. Classic & Sports Cars By The Lake.

670 cars & 5500 people, all in aid of the local hospice.

Nice to bump into Piddy & Co from the EAKCC and an old mate from on here, Danozeman.

The good news is a stifficate for third in class, the bad news, I only spotted two others.

I got sunburn at the show and wind burn on the way home. Fabulous day.

Paul G

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.