Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dunsfold Wings &Wheels Day 29-30 August
pewe

posted on 27/8/15 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Dunsfold Wings &Wheels Day 29-30 August

Hi, anyone-else going?

(Unadulterated plug follows) - I'm there helping man the FDMC stand on Sat encouraging peops to join and become involved in Motorsport - everything from Autosolos, through Sprint to Stage and 12 car Rallies (later a real hoot and only requires a road legal car).
Drop by to say hello/join up.
Don't expect the flying display will be as spectacular as last year given the tragic events at Shoreham....
Red Arrows still performing - Sat only
Cheers, Pewe10
Red Mk1 Eunos s/c

[Edited on 27/8/15 by pewe]

[Edited on 27/8/15 by pewe]

SteveRST

posted on 27/8/15 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
The stand you're on sounds interesting.

Southern Kit Car Club will be there on the Saturday 29th and have our own little area there - think there are a dozen cars signed up to it. Feel free to stop by a have a chat.

ravingfool

posted on 27/8/15 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I take it this show has moved on from a few years ago then?

I went 4 or 5 years ago and was fairly disappointed. All the hype (and entrance fees) of a big show but actually it was a tiddler with very little to see of any interest in terms of cars or planes. We left pretty quickly having seen everything including the minor airshow bit they did and went to find something else to do with the rest of the day!

A colleague is going this year but I'm away this week, I really hope it's a lot better than I remember - and if so I might try again next year.

SteveRST

posted on 27/8/15 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I've never been before.
We got discounted 'club' tickets. I did think the gate ticket price was pretty high!

DapperRob

posted on 28/8/15 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
I went a couple of years when I still lived in Surrey... it was OK as far as I can remember, but nothing overly special. Various stalls and stands, a few exotics and classics, plus regular flypasts.
I am actually down that way this weekend, but weather is looking a bit ropey on the Sunday.

DJT

posted on 28/8/15 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Airshows are expensive these days. Fairford was £44 last year and I think Farnborough was similar.

Is W&W worth the ticket price? I don't know. Will find out tomorrow.

http://tigeravonbuilddiary.blogspot.com/

bob

posted on 2/9/15 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
To be fair the show was pretty good, and considering the events at the previous weekend the airshow pretty good as well as being informative.

I managed to obtain discounted earlybird tickets so which were less than £20 through CSMA, on the day on the door i think tickets were £28.

A larger show clashes with this event, if you like screaming kids Chris Evans carfest.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.