Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blyton eastern sprint 30th may
daniel mason

posted on 23/5/16 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Blyton eastern sprint 30th may

Anyone else doing or watching the sprint on bank holiday Monday?
Entries are still quite low so anyone considering it still has time.

mark chandler

posted on 23/5/16 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
These are my days

Sunday 5th June - Harewood BARC
Sunday 19th June - Blyton Minicross Driver's Association
Saturday 2nd July Shelsey Walsh Midland Automobile Club
Saturday 6th August - Goodwood Brighton and Hove Motor Club
Sunday 28th August - Loton Park Hagley and District Light Car Club
Sunday 18th September - Curborough Aston Martin Owners Club

Loton's a wonderful setting, you at any of these Dan?

daniel mason

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Be careful at TWF mark!
Are you not doing Blyton weekend in July with Westfield club. Jeff w and myself usually do it

mark chandler

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
TWF?

My other half works shift, I have to attend ones when she is at home unfortunately which limits me.

At Loton last year a Westfield had a big off, tore off 3 of its 4 wheels, went home pretty much scrap even the diff was torn apart?

phelpsa

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Be careful at TWF mark!
Are you not doing Blyton weekend in July with Westfield club. Jeff w and myself usually do it

See you there.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
It's limited runs Adam as there's loads of cars but the competition is unreal.especially in the westfields!
Where you staying? Or on site?

daniel mason

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
The World Famous
Shelsley walsh.thats one place I don't intend doing after seeing all those cars go over that banking

phelpsa

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
It's limited runs Adam as there's loads of cars but the competition is unreal.especially in the westfields!
Where you staying? Or on site?

Tbh I'm a bigger fan of good competition that loads of runs, it gets a bit expensive on the tyre front with too many! Probably on site unless the weather looks really bad. Going to be there for the Wscc trackday on Friday too.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
The World Famous
Shelsley walsh.thats one place I don't intend doing after seeing all those cars go over that banking

They've squared the banking off to reduce the likelihood of any more airborne excursions.

daniel mason

posted on 23/5/16 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Wallaces car was a bit of a mess!
I'll be going up friday as well but my hay fevers really bad there with all the rapeseed in the fields.camping ruined me last year. I couldn't drive either day

CNHSS1

posted on 23/5/16 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Im at harewood on june 5th too :-)

Shelsleys great, scrutineering they check your old school tie and chocks away! Lol the hills more dangerous if you spectate, id much rather drive it than walk it, you need to be 50% mountian goat not to fall on your ar5e!

In fact the paddock sheds are the most dangerous part of TWF, anyone over 6ft tall always clanks their head, just watch out for nails sticking out!

Re Wallaces accident, his car failed and its not great surprise he broke it up for spares and bought a Gould! Goulds a 'proper' big car not a bike engined car on steriods with an F1 V8 shoved in the back. Wallace was a passenger before he hit the banking.

Lotons my local hill and if youve not been Dan youll love it! Very technical but great fun. The Jedi will go well there for sure.

[Edited on 23/5/16 by CNHSS1]

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

daniel mason

posted on 23/5/16 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Never been to loton but would like to!
mark chandler

posted on 23/5/16 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CNHSS1
Im at harewood on june 5th too :-)

Shelsleys great, scrutineering they check your old school tie and chocks away! Lol the hills more dangerous if you spectate, id much rather drive it than walk it, you need to be 50% mountian goat not to fall on your ar5e!

In fact the paddock sheds are the most dangerous part of TWF, anyone over 6ft tall always clanks their head, just watch out for nails sticking out!

Re Wallaces accident, his car failed and its not great surprise he broke it up for spares and bought a Gould! Goulds a 'proper' big car not a bike engined car on steriods with an F1 V8 shoved in the back. Wallace was a passenger before he hit the banking.

Lotons my local hill and if youve not been Dan youll love it! Very technical but great fun. The Jedi will go well there for sure.

[Edited on 23/5/16 by CNHSS1]

Were you at MIRA a couple of weeks ago? I,m sprinting my DB7 this year? It looked like the scimitar club was there.

CNHSS1

posted on 23/5/16 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Our championship was there, but i couldnt make MIRA. Usually do 14-15 events a year, but prefer hills or proper circuits rather than sprint circuits. Think ive seen the Aston, will keep an eye out for you. This is my current motor

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

daniel mason

posted on 6/6/16 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
TWF really does scare me.even watching these YouTube clips makes me cringe! This one from the weekend looks nasty
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RnJ9pBgA21w

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.