Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pin outs for R1 clocks
madrallysport

posted on 21/10/16 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Pin outs for R1 clocks

I've search the net and i can find a wiring diagram for my 2007 4c8 R1 engine but i cant find a pin out diagram for the clocks, can anybody help

Trying to get pin outs so i can wire starter motor reverse circuit up, need pin outs for neutral light etc

[Edited on 21/10/16 by madrallysport]

UNDERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
OVERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE is how far you take the wall with you.

ko_racer

posted on 21/10/16 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
I have done loads of wiring on the 02-07 R1's, most of the loom is very similar, barring extra sensors and bits.
The pin diagram should be on the workshop manual (right at the end) in the wiring diagram.

I've just looked at my copy and can see the neutral light switch is wired to the Light Blue/White wire, this should go all the way to the dash.

If you are trying to pickup a signal for a relay, you can pick this up anywhere along the way, doing it right at the dash is probably fiddly.

Looking at the diagram I have, the Light Blue/White pin should be one of the corner pins of the dash connector.

Keith

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ko_racer

posted on 21/10/16 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Having had a very quick look at the wiring diagram, I've pulled this together. Hope it's of use:
I would suggest double checking it, I've literally spent 10 minutes putting it together.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Kev99

posted on 21/10/16 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
The 07/08 4C8 is different to the 02/06 as it has all the fly by wire throttle going to the ECU as well

If u take your time u can work it out from the service manual
Wiring is at the end of it

R1 Service Manuals

ko_racer

posted on 21/10/16 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Still the basics are similar and the above was from the 4c8 manual
Kev99

posted on 21/10/16 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ah OK didn't look to closely but the link is to all R1 manuals so may help others as well
TimC

posted on 21/10/16 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
On a related topic, does anyone know which ECU socket-group the yellow/black RPM signal comes off? I've got two Yellow/Blacks - one off each and am not sure which is the one I need.

Ta

ko_racer

posted on 21/10/16 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Are they both yellow/black or is one black/yellow?
madrallysport

posted on 21/10/16 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks fellas for the help

UNDERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
OVERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE is how far you take the wall with you.

TimC

posted on 24/10/16 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ko_racer
Are they both yellow/black or is one black/yellow?

Hi Keith,

Definitely 2x Yellow/Black

adithorp

posted on 24/10/16 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Tim, it's along time since I did mine so my "clear notes" aren't quite so clear anymore and as a result double check this...

Do you mean in the 2 engine side plugs, not the single into the clocks? Plugs A+B on the wiring diagram (a 12 and a 4 (some versions 6) pin plugs).
The one in plug A goes to headlight relay to switch it on when running (in the diagram it goes ECU to relay and if you look it shows plug A near the relay end) and the one in plug B (the 4/6) is tacho.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

TimC

posted on 24/10/16 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Tim, it's along time since I did mine so my "clear notes" aren't quite so clear anymore and as a result double check this...

Do you mean in the 2 engine side plugs, not the single into the clocks? Plugs A+B on the wiring diagram (a 12 and a 4 (some versions 6) pin plugs).
The one in plug A goes to headlight relay to switch it on when running (in the diagram it goes ECU to relay and if you look it shows plug A near the relay end) and the one in plug B (the 4/6) is tacho.

Yes, its the ECU plugs that I'm concerned about - I'll stare again at my wiring diagram tonight - I'm sure each plug has more wires going into it than 6 though - maybe I'm wrong.

TimC

posted on 25/10/16 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Hi Adi,

I see now that we were at cross-purposes. I've long since hacked-off Plugs A + B and just have the two wires from the ECU now. So, is it possible, without running the engine and seeing for-real, to determine which of these wires it it?
RPMwiring
RPMwiring

RPMAlso
RPMAlso

[Edited on 25/10/16 by TimC]

adithorp

posted on 25/10/16 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to say not without stripping my dash out but just remembered... DA DA DAH... I've got a spare complete loom at work, so can do a continuity test to trace which is which.

I'll look tomorrow.

TimC

posted on 25/10/16 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
You, Sir, are a gentleman.

adithorp

posted on 26/10/16 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

Think you might have spoken too soon. My 5vy ECU plug is a long (2row) single plug, so not the same as your two plugs shown above. You never know the pin numbers might be the same.

On mine the wire for RPM is from ECU pin29 and goes to the small 6pin plug B for the headlight/clock loom. The headlight one comes off pin18 and goes to the 12pin plug A.

Looking at wiring diagram, The headlight relay is switched earth via the ECU. Whether that switches with ignition on or just running I don't know but if it's ignition on, you should be able to test for it.

Sorry if thats no help.

TimC

posted on 26/10/16 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

Think you might have spoken too soon. My 5vy ECU plug is a long (2row) single plug, so not the same as your two plugs shown above. You never know the pin numbers might be the same.

On mine the wire for RPM is from ECU pin29 and goes to the small 6pin plug B for the headlight/clock loom. The headlight one comes off pin18 and goes to the 12pin plug A.

Looking at wiring diagram, The headlight relay is switched earth via the ECU. Whether that switches with ignition on or just running I don't know but if it's ignition on, you should be able to test for it.

Sorry if thats no help.

No worries - It's no great hardship to test them both when (if) it runs first time - which should be soonish.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.