Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Too many topics!!
JohnFol

posted on 21/8/02 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Too many topics!!

Surely there is a good compromise in the number of topics and categorising questions. I think it's now too far towards too many topics.
What might be an idea is to introduce some sort of category or indicator for the messages. For example we can add smilies , why not add icons to mean "As Per Book", or "IRS" or whatever.

Also, how about a "Last Day" and a "Last Week" view for those who regularly visit the site. To see what I mean have a look at http://forum.vectra-sport.com

Rick

posted on 22/8/02 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'm must say that I agree with you Jon. I am spending a lot of time jumping from one section to another.

When I want to keep an eye on a particular topic, I can't always remember where it was and have to go through them all again.

I think the site I a bit like myself. In need of slimming.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 23/8/02 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Guys there's been a couple of posts already about this which I've answered so have a read of those aswell as this.

The new sections are for those moving over from their respective eGroups. In the case of the BEC topic there is likely to be discussion of more than one type of car (ie not necessarily Locosts) therefore a lot won't be relevant to the 'conventional' Locost builder.

The Indy (and hopefully Tiger Avon) areas I guess will gradually merge into the existing topics but for the moment I want somewhere separate for them to make it easier for them to make the switch from eGroups. If you didn't read those lists on Yahoo there would be no need to read them here either.

I take your point about the number of sections to read but it's hardly any hassle to change between topics really is it?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.