Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Browsing LCB photos quickly?
jps

posted on 9/11/16 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Browsing LCB photos quickly?

Maybe i've not found it - but is there an easy way to browse through the many photos on here?

I'm looking for specific photos (currently for instance - any pics of peoples transmission tunnel without the top panel) - so i'd spot from thumbnails quickly if it were a photo I actually wanted to look at properly. But i can't figure out a way to browse ALL photos easily...?

nick205

posted on 9/11/16 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I share your desire to browse fast, but I've been on here a good few years and not found a way yet.

To help us help you maybe...what detail are you looking for?

pekwah1

posted on 9/11/16 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh i'm with nick, probably just ask for photos on a thread and we could all post for you (i'd do it now but don't have any handy!).
Just let us know specifically what you're looking for

jps

posted on 9/11/16 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
At the moment i'm looking for photos of interiors - ideally with the tunnel top panel off - as i'm trying to figure out the finer detail of panelling my transmission tunnel. But it'd be a handy function for the hundreds of things I look up on here. Google image search is not bad - but just pulls up very little from LCB by the looks of things...

[Edited on 9/11/16 by jps]

nick205

posted on 9/11/16 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Don't have an image to hand, but for my MK Indy I riveted Aluminium panels to the sides and secured a vinyl covered Aluminium panel to the top (to allow future access). It worked fine and looked neat and tidy.

nick205

posted on 9/11/16 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Here you go - top panel on, but should give you some idea...

Description
Description

miskit

posted on 9/11/16 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Try Google:

"jpg site http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk" Images

Search here

Mash

posted on 9/11/16 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

Description
Description

Very neat Nick, if you dont' mind me saying

nick205

posted on 10/11/16 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mash
quote:

Description
Description

Thank you Mash - it did take a couple of tries to get it like that. From memory, one of the changes I made was to split the top panel in to two sections around the gear stick and handbrake. This allowed either section to be removed for access without having to remove the whole panel. Within the tunnel itself I glued the speedo magnets onto the rear of the prop-shaft and then made an Aluminium bracket spanning the prop shaft holding the sensor over the magnets. It worked perfectly and the magnets never left the prop shaft either.

For reference I used dome head M6 Allen bolts to secure the top panels and avoid sharp protrusions for SVA.

[Edited on 10/11/16 by nick205]

nick205

posted on 10/11/16 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
One further image of how I shortened my handbrake cable to suit the MK Indy (drilled a hole in a large Ø bolt, inserted both ends of the chopped cable and secured with a nut and washer)...

Rescued attachment img_3.jpg
Rescued attachment img_3.jpg

jps

posted on 10/11/16 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mash
quote:

Description
Description

Thank you Mash - it did take a couple of tries to get it like that. From memory, one of the changes I made was to split the top panel in to two sections around the gear stick and handbrake. This allowed either section to be removed for access without having to remove the whole panel. Within the tunnel itself I glued the speedo magnets onto the rear of the prop-shaft and then made an Aluminium bracket spanning the prop shaft holding the sensor over the magnets. It worked perfectly and the magnets never left the prop shaft either.

For reference I used dome head M6 Allen bolts to secure the top panels and avoid sharp protrusions for SVA.

[Edited on 10/11/16 by nick205]

Cheers- i'm currently wondering whether to form the tunnel side panels so they fold over the top - to avoid any possible sharp edges - and also whether to rivet on the top rather than the side - so when I then fit a cover it hides all the rivets...

nick205

posted on 10/11/16 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
I opted for riveted sides and bolted top panels as I figured I'd be better accessing the tunnel from above (or below) if needed. Trying to remove side panels would involve removing the seats (more faff). With regard to shard edges I glued strips of rubber tadpole trim (as used between rear arches and rear tub) to the edges of the top panel, which gave rounded rubber edges in the interior. The top Aluminium panels were also fitted on the outside face with 3mm foam and then covered with black vinyl glued down, which again rounded the edges off.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.