Board logo

Weight Distribution Calculator
huwcdavies - 14/5/13 at 12:33 PM

Hello,

I'm Huw and I run the site www.racingaspirations.com. I wanted to post this update to the Weight Distribution calculator as this forum regularly refers traffic my way. It's a drag and drop calculator which is easy to use and quick to get results. I hope it proves useful to you if you're starting off your build or even if you're looking to change things on your existing build...

The new calculator offers the following enhancements over it's predecessor:

Click the link below to be directed to the Weight Distribution Calculator loaded with some sample data.

I hope you find this calculator a useful addition to your toolkit and would like to remind you if you haven't already done so to register yourself on the site.

Regards,
Huw

coozer - 14/5/13 at 12:42 PM

Welcome, very handy app there, wish I'd had it while I pondered best position for the battery!

maccmike - 14/5/13 at 01:52 PM

no trikes

huwcdavies - 14/5/13 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maccmike
no trikes

Interesting thought. In the meantime if you total the rear left and right it'll give you the weight on the single rear tyre.

I found this interesting link about trike weight distribution:
http://www.deferredprocrastination.co.uk/blog/2010/the-golden-rule-of-trike-design/

If you follow that rule and place an object one third of the way along the wheelbase you do get a relatively even distribution:
http://www.racingaspirations.com/weight-distribution-calculator?cX=5&uX=mm&wX=kgs&oX=$o_Ohf|100000|192.01|124.99&END

Huw

maccmike - 14/5/13 at 04:04 PM

interesting, cheers

huwcdavies - 22/5/13 at 12:18 PM

Hi all,

I've updated the calculator in response to some of the feedback I've received. No 3 wheelers yet though

By way of example I've included links to the analysis of my car as it was at Brands Hatch:

Weight Distribution Calculator

I hope you find this calculator a useful addition to your toolkit and would like to remind you if you haven't already done so to register yourself on the site.

Texan - 22/5/13 at 09:10 PM

It seems a bit awkward that nothing attaches or touches each other. Look at your transmission & engine.

huwcdavies - 29/5/13 at 08:12 AM

Hi,

This has been noted on another forum as well. That's something I've added to my todo list - to work on the visualisations of the components once they are placed within the car.

Thanks for your feedback.

Huw