Board logo

Rose joint fork to weld to wishbone
bi22le - 3/1/16 at 05:06 PM

Not sure if my terminology is right but I need a pair of these.

I am collating bits to fit an ARB and the down links will be rose jointed. The end result is a fork / clevis thing to weld to my front wishbones to bolt my rose joints to.

I could make it out of 3 sided box.

Any off the shelf items ?

Rich J - 3/1/16 at 05:36 PM

Try "laser cur bracket" or "shock mount autograss" in a well know auction sites search bar - maybe something to fit your needs there

smart51 - 3/1/16 at 05:39 PM

I used 3 sides of a square tube to mount my ARB. The small sides were tapered towards the top so there weren't any sharp corners. You can just about see them in this pic.

Front with cycle wings
Front with cycle wings

mark chandler - 3/1/16 at 06:55 PM

It only takes a couple of minutes to cut some out of 1/4 plate, if you are attaching to round tube then cut a hole to match the bone, another 3/4" from it to match the Rose joint then cut out with a hacksaw, literally 5 minutes work.

coozer - 3/1/16 at 08:41 PM

McGill motorsports on the bay sell clevis parts...

Any good?

Clevis Joint 5/16" UNF 5/16" HOLE Rally Autograss Threaded Fork

[Edited on 3/1/16 by coozer]

hizzi - 3/1/16 at 10:32 PM

second for mcgill they are near me and very helpfull. phone them they have more than on the web page

bi22le - 3/1/16 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
It only takes a couple of minutes to cut some out of 1/4 plate, if you are attaching to round tube then cut a hole to match the bone, another 3/4" from it to match the Rose joint then cut out with a hacksaw, literally 5 minutes work.

That's what i am thinking. 6mm plate the appropriate thickness for this sort of work? I am also going to have to weld some late to the chassis for the ARB bushes to mount to.