Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost put bushes
injuneer7

posted on 23/7/20 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Locost put bushes

Hi, everyone. Doing a scratch build and just got a set of nice locost wishbone bushes. OD is 29mm. Anyone know optimum ID of steel sleeve that takes bush. If it goes into a standard size ERW tube, do I have to clean off the inside weld.
Thanks.

[Edited on 23/7/20 by injuneer7]

James

posted on 27/7/20 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by injuneer7
Hi, everyone. Doing a scratch build and just got a set of nice locost wishbone bushes. OD is 29mm. Anyone know optimum ID of steel sleeve that takes bush. If it goes into a standard size ERW tube, do I have to clean off the inside weld.
Thanks.

[Edited on 23/7/20 by injuneer7]

Greetings,

It's going to be about 32mm for the OD of the bush tube.

No, leave the weld line- if anything this helps stop the bush turning inside the tube.

Ideally, set the bush tube so the seam is adjacent to the wishbone arm tube. Then the wishbone arm weld will help stop the bush tube splitting in the event of the crush tube binding.

IIRC you would ideally use seamless tube to make this less likely!

cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

injuneer7

posted on 27/7/20 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. I'm looking at 33.7 OD with 2mm wall. Or 28.7 ID. Slight interference on pu bush. The lady on the phone says she just tried a bush in a 29 I D steel bush and it just pushed in. When steel insert went in it was solid.
injuneer7

posted on 27/7/20 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Damn. Meant 2.5 thickness tube to give 28.7 ID.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.