Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Exobusa or Mevabusa
Rena

posted on 8/9/17 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Exobusa or Mevabusa

Hi,

Currently having a Superseven but thinking about building an Exobusa. Anyone here with experience from building an Exobusa/Mevabusa or Exoblade?

[Edited on 8/9/17 by Rena]

Flick

posted on 8/9/17 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure how much help this will be, but...
I did start to build a mevabusa some four years ago. Unfortunatly I had to sell it part built (75%).
Nothing to do with the kit, just my own cicumstances.
Ive had afew diffent kits, westfields, mk's etc and in terms of build quality/parts fitting it was pretty good. Stilll some fettling but nothing major. Seemed to go together quite quickly if comparing to seven.
Personally never had any problems with the guys that own the company, were always very helpfull.

Sent you u2u

moto1kev

posted on 10/9/17 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rena
Hi,

Currently having a Superseven but thinking about building an Exobusa. Anyone here with experience from building an Exobusa/Mevabusa or Exoblade?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------

Yes, built an exobusa kit.

Easy enough to put together and a very light fun car for trackdays.

Rena

posted on 11/9/17 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flick
Not sure how much help this will be, but...
I did start to build a mevabusa some four years ago. Unfortunatly I had to sell it part built (75%).
Nothing to do with the kit, just my own cicumstances.
Ive had afew diffent kits, westfields, mk's etc and in terms of build quality/parts fitting it was pretty good. Stilll some fettling but nothing major. Seemed to go together quite quickly if comparing to seven.
Personally never had any problems with the guys that own the company, were always very helpfull.

Sent you u2u

Thanks for input!

Rena

posted on 11/9/17 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moto1kev
quote:
Originally posted by Rena
Hi,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------

Yes, built an exobusa kit.

Easy enough to put together and a very light fun car for trackdays.

How much does your car weight with fuel and all fluids?

moto1kev

posted on 11/9/17 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Last time on the scales it was 439.5kg with all the fluids.
It takes 6 litres of oil, 6 litres of coolant & 20 litres of fuel.
This could be way lighter without the turbo, intercooler & dry sump, ford steering lock,electric reverse + battery and .......

Rena

posted on 12/9/17 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Last time on the scales it was 439.5kg with all the fluids.
It takes 6 litres of oil, 6 litres of coolant & 20 litres of fuel.
This could be way lighter without the turbo, intercooler & dry sump, ford steering lock,electric reverse + battery and .......

Wow - 439,5 kg!!!! Really lightweight!
In Sweden we´re only allowed to build with power/weight-ratio of 20 kW/100 kg (including driver) so a Hayabusa-engine will be difficult to built with, but maybe a Fireblade with 154 hp will be possible....

Any pictures from the buildingprocess you can share?

Adam

posted on 12/9/17 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Kinda built one

I built a Triabusa from the same manufacturers.

Not sure if i can do this but here you go, most of the builders of exobusa's hang out here and theres some good build diaries:

http://bike-engined-cars.proboards.com/

The kit/car itself is fantastic. Only issue people seem to have are with the manufacturers and customer services. I live in Nottingham so wasnt bad for me as when i had a problem i went down to the workshop.

Cheers

Ads

Rena

posted on 12/9/17 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adam
I built a Triabusa from the same manufacturers.

Not sure if i can do this but here you go, most of the builders of exobusa's hang out here and theres some good build diaries:

http://bike-engined-cars.proboards.com/

The kit/car itself is fantastic. Only issue people seem to have are with the manufacturers and customer services. I live in Nottingham so wasnt bad for me as when i had a problem i went down to the workshop.

Cheers

Ads

Thanks!

moto1kev

posted on 12/9/17 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
In Sweden we´re only allowed to build with power/weight-ratio of 20 kW/100 kg (including driver) so a Hayabusa-engine will be difficult to built with, but maybe a Fireblade with 154 hp will be possible....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mmm, 20 kw/100kg is a problem then especially if they go by the engine manufacturers power figures.

An early R1 or blade motor may be your best chance and would still be more than quick enough, though they're a good bit lighter than the busa motor so would still need a bit of added ballast built into the build.

I have a load of build pics but can't figure how to post them.

Rena

posted on 12/9/17 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mmm, 20 kw/100kg is a problem then especially if they go by the engine manufacturers power figures.

An early R1 or blade motor may be your best chance and would still be more than quick enough, though they're a good bit lighter than the busa motor so would still need a bit of added ballast built into the build.

I have a load of build pics but can't figure how to post them.

An Fireblade engine from a 929 or 954 will provide 150-154 hp according to Honda. 20 kW/100 kg is with driver included. So with a 150-154 hp engine the total weight including driver (75 kg) have to be approx 570 kg. Could be done....maybe....

moto1kev

posted on 12/9/17 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
So that would need the car to weigh nearly 500kg, good luck with that, maybe a 25mm thick steel floor............
It would be a shame have to add so much weight, unless of course it could be removed once registered.

Rena

posted on 14/9/17 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
So that would need the car to weigh nearly 500kg, good luck with that, maybe a 25mm thick steel floor............
It would be a shame have to add so much weight, unless of course it could be removed once registered.

Exactly, add weight to get it road-legal and then remove it....
There may be new rules for power-weight ration in the near future...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.