Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes Roadster build
Custom kid

posted on 20/3/18 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes Roadster build

Hi can anyone help me I have just picked up a copy of Build your own Sports Car on a Budget and am thinking of building two cars along with my son i.e. one each I would like to use mazda mx5 mk 1 or 2 as the donner cars but I see that the book still uses the ford sierra as a donner can anyone tell me what mods need to be done to use this book for ref drawings etc.
Davedew

posted on 20/3/18 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hello and good luck with your build.

Have a look at the below link. There is a file which contains updated plans / information for if you are using an MX5.
I have not used them personally as I used a Sierra, but I know many people on the Haynes Roadster forum have used them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-iOekLVikV5c2xSRXZCdElrSEU

HTH

Dave

ianhurley20

posted on 20/3/18 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Also have a look at the TMXR chassis made by Phil Talon with all the MX5 mods incorporated. The one I built was a Sierra / MX5 hybrid
see http://www.talonmotorfabrication.co.uk/shop/4581381144/tmxr-basic-mx5-chassis/10826141

Custom kid

posted on 20/3/18 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thank for your help
jps

posted on 21/3/18 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Custom kid
Hi can anyone help me I have just picked up a copy of Build your own Sports Car on a Budget and am thinking of building two cars along with my son i.e. one each I would like to use mazda mx5 mk 1 or 2 as the donner cars but I see that the book still uses the ford sierra as a donner can anyone tell me what mods need to be done to use this book for ref drawings etc.

Worth you adding your location details to your profile, there may be cars local to you that you can go and look at. It's possible to use the MX5 differential but there is plenty of discussion about how to mount it - as it is not a straightforward as using a Ford diff.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.