Board logo

It's here!
Davegtst - 15/6/10 at 06:12 PM

My new indy R turned up last night, can't wait to get building.

norfolkluego - 15/6/10 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst

Don't want to put a downer on it but they've built the chassis upside down, I'd send it back

omega0684 - 15/6/10 at 06:19 PM

they have sent the exhaust in bits as well! shoddy workmanship! absolutely terrible!

CRAIGR - 15/6/10 at 06:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by norfolkluego
quote:

Don't want to put a downer on it but they've built the chassis upside down, I'd send it back

Sorted !! Rescued attachment MKindyR0011.jpg
Rescued attachment MKindyR0011.jpg

blakep82 - 15/6/10 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
quote:
Originally posted by norfolkluego
quote:

Sorted !!

what kind of builder put your floor on the ceiling, and your ceiling on the floor?! where do you live? on an islnad or something?!

Johneturbo - 15/6/10 at 06:25 PM

Exciting times eh, so what's the spec mister?

your dartboard has fallen down!

Davegtst - 15/6/10 at 06:32 PM

Thanks for turning it up the right way now i can start It's an Indy R, white body with black front and rear wings with black 1.2's and r888's. Hayabusa motor's in the shed all ready to go too.

RickRick - 15/6/10 at 06:34 PM

Fuc# me that's light!

CRAIGR - 15/6/10 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Thanks for turning it up the right way now i can start It's an Indy R, white body with black front and rear wings with black 1.2's and r888's. Hayabusa motor's in the shed all ready to go too.

Like em in white and black
Why aren't you in the garage now??

Davegtst - 15/6/10 at 06:37 PM

Because they forgot the floor!

Stuart_B - 15/6/10 at 06:44 PM

nice, have a great build.

stuart

austin man - 15/6/10 at 06:51 PM

weak excuse get the fuel and brake lines in

Davegtst - 15/6/10 at 06:53 PM

I need to get hold of a master cylinder first really.

MakeEverything - 15/6/10 at 07:12 PM

Quality Dave.

Like the easy to reach "Panick Ready" fire extinguisher location.....

Give me a nudge if you need a hand with anything.

jollygreengiant - 15/6/10 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johneturbo
Exciting times eh, so what's the spec mister?

your dartboard has fallen down!

No, he's that bad at darts that that's the only place where he cvan hit the board.

Davegtst - 15/6/10 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Quality Dave.

Like the easy to reach "Panick Ready" fire extinguisher location.....

Give me a nudge if you need a hand with anything.

I definatly will do mate, need a few people to turn it back over again when the floor is on.

Andybarbet - 15/6/10 at 09:20 PM

Hi Dave, im local too if you need anything, give me a shout.

Good luck with the build, garage is nice & tidy ready for it

iscmatt - 15/6/10 at 09:23 PM

nice tool-chest there too, make you spend enough time building and not filing your tools!

Davegtst - 15/6/10 at 10:05 PM

Cheers Andy i might just do that, where abouts are you? Garage took quite a few days to get tidy and painted, i had so much crap in there but it's all good now and there is a surprising amount of space to work in.

Davg - 15/6/10 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Because they forgot the floor!

Yup that's MK

good luck with the build cheers D

Davegtst - 16/6/10 at 08:53 AM

Hopefully i should be getting it today then if i'm not too busy at work i can make a start.

Davegtst - 18/6/10 at 02:51 PM

Still no floor! Not very happy now.

RK - 18/6/10 at 04:53 PM

just get some anti-gravity boots and you are all set!

Davegtst - 25/6/10 at 03:31 PM

Managed to get the floor while i was at the Newark show. All glued and riveted on now. Suspension is also starting to go on. The bushes took forever to press in, they are like solid plastic rather than rubber or polyurethene.

[Edited on 25/6/10 by Davegtst]

brookie - 25/6/10 at 04:15 PM

god i would love to build my own but not got enough cash

Stuart_B - 27/6/10 at 06:25 PM

very nice.

about the bushes, make sure you get them perfect, i had to re do mine as the noise they made was bad, and no suspension movement.

stuart

Davegtst - 27/6/10 at 07:21 PM

What did you torque the bolts up to? I did mine up to 90 NM and i couldn't move the suspension at all, this was without the spring fitted. Was going to ring MK about this tomorrow. How can you get the bushes wrong?

40inches - 27/6/10 at 08:13 PM

The bushes should rotate around the crush tube,fill the gap between the bushes with silicon or white grease before you push in the crush tube, the crush tube should be around 1/2 to 1mm longer than the bushes.
Also check that the wishbones fit easily into the brackets without the crush tubes fitted, they should not be a tight fit.

Davegtst - 27/6/10 at 09:20 PM

Thats how i thought it should be but there is no way the tubes will rotate in the bushes. I greased them before they went in but they are way too tight. The tubes do sick out from the bushes by a mm or two though.

Bluemoon - 30/6/10 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Thats how i thought it should be but there is no way the tubes will rotate in the bushes. I greased them before they went in but they are way too tight. The tubes do sick out from the bushes by a mm or two though.

They will once you tighten the bolt (if the clearances are sufficient).. Something I need to re-visit on mine as it's a but squeky in use (might be binding a bit and hence wishbones/bushes tubes adjusted to suite).. If you let them rotate on the bolt you will have a big problem that the bolts/holes will ware though in use..

Dan

Davegtst - 30/6/10 at 04:20 PM

I've readjusted the crush tubes so they are perfect and now it moves but it's still tight and very creaky. Going to take them out again tomorrow and try silicon grease on the tubes.

Davegtst - 19/7/10 at 12:35 PM

A bit more progress.

JeffJeffers - 19/7/10 at 12:55 PM

Its coming along.
You have much more done than me and we got the kits about the same sort of time.
I'll have to get my fingure pulled out.