Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Sports cars
limpetminer

posted on 17/11/16 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
MK Sports cars

Spoke to BAZ at mk asked if they were going broke, he said rumours are unfounded all thats happened is Danny has left, so its business as usual which is good news for me as i have just bought an MK indy

[Edited on 17/11/16 by limpetminer]

tegwin

posted on 17/11/16 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Glad to hear it

I suggest changing the thread title as it currently implies that they are going under..anyone that sees that but does not enter the thread may well tell others about the rumor....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

mark.s

posted on 17/11/16 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Same here, I remember when Indy first came out, quite a few years back now, they have spent a lot of money and a lot time getting it to where it is today, so I hope it keeps going on strong
Matt21

posted on 18/11/16 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
What do they mean by business as usual? still taking months to send items and ignoring phone calls and emails?

Or are they actually going to make an effort now he's left?

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

sdh2903

posted on 18/11/16 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Might be an idea for someone at the "new" MK to put a post up explaining the situation and maybe start building some bridges?
nick205

posted on 18/11/16 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Might be an idea for someone at the "new" MK to put a post up explaining the situation and maybe start building some bridges?

I take your point, but IMHO having members on here who work for the kit companies may not be a good idea. Those members may get drawn into online/public "discussions" with customers, which could endanger the company more. Sometimes best to keep your distance and keep discussions personal I think.

sdh2903

posted on 18/11/16 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
No but any potential kit purchaser generally ends up on this site and there's threads saying they have gone under, threads saying they haven't. Loads of threads detailing issues with customer service and workmanship etc. I'm not saying get into discussions with every Tom dick and Harry but a simple statement along the lines of "the company is alive and kicking, under new management, and we'll be looking to address past issues, more info contact me on......." would go a long way Imo.

There's too few manufacturers out there as it is, we need to keep as many going as possible.

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/11/16 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of folk on here need to look up defamation and forums, especially the number we see about certain manufactures

What Is Defamation?

The publication or broadcast of any libellous or slanderous statement about an individual or business that can be proven to be false and published with the intention of harming that entity's reputation is considered to be defamation. Online defamation is the publication of such statements made on any Internet based media including blogs, forums, websites, and even social networking websites. While many Internet users believe that they are free to say and do as they like while on the Internet, this is untrue and the same defamation laws and regulations stand for online defamation as they do in any form of media.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
A1

posted on 18/11/16 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
All I can say is that even though they (did) take a long time to get stuff sorted, the kit is fantastic, can't say enough for the product.
sdh2903

posted on 18/11/16 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
A lot of folk on here need to look up defamation and forums, especially the number we see about certain manufactures

What Is Defamation?

The publication or broadcast of any libellous or slanderous statement about an individual or business that can be proven to be false and published with the intention of harming that entity's reputation is considered to be defamation. Online defamation is the publication of such statements made on any Internet based media including blogs, forums, websites, and even social networking websites. While many Internet users believe that they are free to say and do as they like while on the Internet, this is untrue and the same defamation laws and regulations stand for online defamation as they do in any form of media.

I'd be intrigued to know which posts your referring to? I haven't seen anything slanderous or libelous, i think even the title of the other thread used the word "rumour" which could have been quashed in a second by said manufacturer by putting out a tweet/facebook/forum message?

I dont see any issue in putting up bad experiences and quality if I feel it will stop someone else enduring the same issue. I do however walk away before doing it and if when ive thought about it, it still warrants posting ill do it. I would always have pictorial or written evidence to back up my statements though.

Matt21

posted on 22/11/16 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Looks their website has gone?

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

flanders

posted on 22/11/16 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt21
Looks their website has gone?

Yup its gone!

so It appears that things are as they seem.

www.mksportscars.com

Im still trying to get money back from them....

Banana

posted on 27/1/17 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Website is fine.
MK have now been taken over.

They are based in Essex and are really friendly and helpful.

Was over there today, got some very reasonably priced parts and some knowledgeable advice.

They even answer the phone now!

[Edited on 27/1/17 by Banana]

mark.s

posted on 27/1/17 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
ive just had a couple of bits of them and they are spot on, i don't think anyone needs to worry anymore
fotograf2

posted on 17/2/17 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
business as usual

Its business as usual which means they
not to pay back the money that they promise.
Or send parts thats are paid.
They are so god at that thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluemoon

posted on 18/2/17 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fotograf2
Its business as usual which means they
not to pay back the money that they promise.
Or send parts thats are paid.
They are so god at that thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's being run by a different company now (http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/)

http://www.mksportscars.com/contact-us-i3

http://www.mksportscars.com/news-i20

So you should get the same service as Kitcardirect...

This may/maynot help your situation...

[Edited on 18/2/17 by Bluemoon]

TKPM

posted on 18/2/17 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
This was taken from MK web site,

News
Mk sports cars /Mk Indy Business Information announcement,
Kitcardirect are pleased to announce as of the 26th November 2016 we have now legally taken over the worldwide manufacturing rights of the MK Indy kitcar, including the standard Indy the Indy r and Indy RR chassis.
Currently we are in a position where we can supply all chassis parts relating to the Mk Indy and all body work,
As passionate supporters of the product and brand; we will look to address as a priority some of the issues that have been a frustration for existing and new customers alike,
If you have any questions relating to the product please email us at mail@mksportscars.com. Or call us on +44 (0) 1376 617792,We will endeavour to answer your emails and product enquiries as quickly as possible,
Currently we are moving into new premises so please bear with us for the next few weeks while we are establishing the project ,premises and website.
Kitcardirect would like to thank you in advance for your support and look forward to speaking and meeting with existing and new customers,
More updates will follow as we progress with the change and development.

samjc

posted on 18/2/17 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Had nothing but good experiences from kitcardirect so if their expanding to full kits with the takeover of mk sports car I can say it will only improve the indy brand. May even take a drive down to essex just to see the new setup on day.

Look forward to doing more buisness with you guys

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.