Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Will any of these pass iva?
Wolf1e

posted on 24/4/16 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Will any of these pass iva?

Evening guys

I was hoping to mount my front indicators below my headlamp mounts like on the Caterham

Indicator
Indicator

But don't think this pass iva due to not being far enough forward? I'm I right on this??

So if I can't any them will these pass instead if on stalks at the correct distance from the widest part of the car?

Ind
Ind

Many thanks

Wolfie

serieslandy

posted on 24/4/16 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
That is how I have mine. I did move them forward as the lights wouldn't have passed the angles test.
I used a bit of gutter down pipe and an mdf bung in each end. They were nice and stiff and the inspector didn't mention anything about it even though it was an obvious way to get round the regs.

Link to my front lights

BenB

posted on 24/4/16 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
I also went down the guttering with mdf end pieces route. Mind you that was SVA days.... They fell off once passed. Robust though! Took some removing!
Bluemoon

posted on 25/4/16 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
The Caterham has repeaters on the cycle wing... I suspect this is to help with visibility angles..

Dan

nick205

posted on 25/4/16 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
IIRC I used similar front indicators, but widened then for SVA using some Ø15mm copper pipe with M8 nuts banged in the ends. I think that was to get the indicators out within the distance from the outer edges of the car for visibility angle. Post SVA the copper pipe got lost and the indicators were fitted directly to the nose cone.

SteveWallace

posted on 25/4/16 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
I used a bit of copper plumbing pipe into which I bonded a nut and then drilled a hole down the centre of the bolt to pass the wires through. Finally I sleeved it with a bit of plastic pipe sprayed to match the car. If you go this route, use a big penny washer on the inside of the nose cone to ensure that they stay rigid. A zero cost option as I already had the bits lying around.

extension showing captive nut
extension showing captive nut

indicators colour coded
indicators colour coded

Description
Description

I did wonder if they would fall off after IVA, but I've not got around to letting them

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.