Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy Rear Arch sizes
Mash

posted on 23/6/17 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Indy Rear Arch sizes

I posted this in the general bodywork section, but it might be more appropriate in here....

Hi Folks

I have fitted some Cateringvan wheels to my Indy, and the rears, being 8 inch and slightly incorrect offset, protrude enough to wear both the tyres and the arches on suspension travel. They are just about legal when viewed from above.

So I was thinking of buying the wider rear arches from MK, but spotted some secondhand ones on the Bay of E. 35 quid seemed pretty reasonable, allowing for some repairs that needed doing, so I paid up, and collected them on Tuesday.

They looked the same, have the same shape as my wings but are wider, and all seemed well until I offered them up to check against the existing ones. They are a different radius, so big that they almost fit around the exisiting arches, and will, therefore, not fit the body

My question then, is, do they make a larger size arch for a different model? Or, is there a similar car of a different make which has larger wings? The Guy selling them for his son seemed pretty genuine and showed me pictures of his sons car which had been wrecked in a mainly front end impact, and the pictures showed an almost unrecognisable car but it definitely had an MK grill

Any thoughts ? ...........

WillisRR

posted on 28/7/17 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Just had to do the exact same thing mate.

I had 11 inch rear arches and have just bought the wider 13.5 inch rear arches to properly fit my new wheels.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 28/7/17 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mash

... The Guy selling them for his son seemed pretty genuine and showed me pictures of his sons car which had been wrecked in a mainly front end impact, and the pictures showed an almost unrecognisable car but it definitely had an MK grill

Any thoughts ? ...........

My thought is you must have asked for measurements.

I purchased some Front Wing Seconds on width alone and completely forgot to ask what Rolling Radius were they for...
Guess what...?
THey don´t quite fit.
I am going to chop some of the flange on the outboard corners so they don´t look too out of place... But definitely a bodge.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andybarbet

posted on 28/7/17 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
If it's any use I can measure my Luego rears ?

Mine is the Velocity Xt which has wider rear wheel arches than the normal velocity.

I think the Luego company still exist up in Scotland.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.