Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Problems contacting MK
nero1701

posted on 2/11/18 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Problems contacting MK

Hi Collective....

On the 15th of September I placed an order for front and rear arches and website claimed 20 or 30 days for manufacture, I'm sure it was 20, but was changed to 30...

I got in touch 2-3 weeks ago to check progress and was told that the fronts were ready but not the rears.

I then got back in touch last week via the web and received the message that they were being chased up..

I've been trying to call them today and their number is no longer in service..

Anyone heard anything?

nero1701

posted on 2/11/18 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Its ok....

i've just heard they are moving workshop..

Guess I just got worried due to the past issues before the new guys took over!!

[Edited on 2/11/18 by nero1701]

DavidW

posted on 2/11/18 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
The new guys are usually very responsive.
Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 2/11/18 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I spoke to them earlier today and they’re moving to a new workshop - their phone number will be back online in a few days after the phone company has moved it. They’re using the kit car direct number on their website by the looks of things
So you can call them on that 0203 432 2679.
This is a temporary glitch but I’m sure will all be back online soon.

40inches

posted on 2/11/18 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Have a friend who ordered 2 rear arches at Stoneleigh. He is still waiting
nero1701

posted on 2/11/18 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, the had also contacted me via email a little after i had posted, hence the 2nd message..

was just getting worried after close to 50 days since order.

40inches

posted on 2/11/18 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nero1701
Yeah, the had also contacted me via email a little after i had posted, hence the 2nd message..

was just getting worried after close to 50 days since order.

Would be interested how you get on. My friend is still waiting, as of today! 5 months on

Mash

posted on 3/11/18 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
I had some problems with some wheel arch protectors, and it did drag on for a few weeks, but I kept reminding them and they arrived eventually. Got the impression that they had had some issues but were almost resolved.

Well worth it when they did arrive though

nero1701

posted on 3/11/18 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
They have told me about hat the items should be ready by Tuesday, I’ll pay a visit to them Saturday morning next week for a refund if I’ve not got them by then.
big_wasa

posted on 3/11/18 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
That’s not good, I was planning on ordering a few bits this week or next. I expect to wait a couple of weeks for bits made to order but I can’t be doing with chasing after them week after week.
Wolf1e

posted on 3/11/18 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys

I spoke with Sean on Thursday as I am also waiting on carbon parts. He has apologised about the delay but they are have issues with the 3rd party supplies that make the parts due to a family issue.

Also with the moving of workshops it has been a bit chaotic.

They are just about to use new suppliers which I am happy to wait for as the winter is now on its way.

They are doing all they can to get these parts out, send him an email or ring them and they will explain.

Regards
Ian

nero1701

posted on 8/11/18 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Just as an update guys,

i received my parts yesterday from MK,

They were packaged well,
The rear arches are thick well coated and of an excellent quality,
the front arches, while of an acceptable quality just don't quite meet the weight or thickness of the rears, they are perfectly usable and I wouldnt complain about them,

kitcardirect

posted on 8/11/18 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ref Mk sportscars and kitcardirect,

We are currently in the process of moving workshop and this means we are between the existing unit and setting up the new unit ready to move in,

This is a much bigger premises to help us improve stock availability and customer support in kit production and delivery times,

Where possible we are trying to minimise business interruptions, But BT have not helped the cause by disconnecting the phone line and not activating this in the new premises immediately,

Unfortunately we are in their hands at present, BT have advise to have this actioned withing the next 7 days,

We have the temporary divert number of 0203 4322679 if you wish to make contact or via email on our contact page on the website,

or mail@mksportscars.com

Please feel free to contact us, and we thank you for your patience while this Premises move takes place,

Kind Regards KCD/Mk Sportscars

http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/

Follow Us On Facebook : http://on.fb.me/1KYgL8N

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 8/11/18 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Good to hear from the horses mouth as good customer service starts with good communication, I can wait a few weeks until you get settled.
PAUL FISHER

posted on 8/11/18 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you have been busy, thanks for update, onwards and upwards, a little inconvenience now, for a even better service in the future 😎
DavidIt

posted on 17/11/20 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
hi, about this topic.. i placed an order 1st may 2020.
today 17 november 2020.
i understand there is covid in the world, so i offered to cancel the order... it's nobody's fault's, it's life..
but no answer, just an email with a link to my order 'processing'.
i start to think i lost money and seats.
David

kitcardirect

posted on 17/11/20 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi David,
Can you please PM me an order number and I'll looking into this for you. I've been covering ALL email and phone calls since March, and it's been relentless, but I'm getting through it. We have processes to deal with emails, so I'm surprised we've missed it and just sent you back a link..... that doesn't sound right?

Let me know and I'll look into it.

Neil

quote:
Originally posted by DavidIt
today 17 november 2020.
i understand there is covid in the world, so i offered to cancel the order... it's nobody's fault's, it's life..
David

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 17/11/20 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure why you can't contact them as of a couple of weeks ago they responded to my emails very quickly. Check the email address is correct or them a call.
kitcardirect

posted on 20/11/20 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Just a follow up on this for all to see....

I replied immediately when you sent me a u2u with your order number on it. That was a few days ago and not even a "thanks" or "ok" back from you. I even sent you a reply to your u2u on here - just to make sure you got it (neither have been read)

You had been emailed several times on the progress of your order (which I included in the u2u)

In future, please contact us directly and I will be able resolve / answer any issues.

Email is best on mail@mksportscars.com or sales@kitcardirect.co.uk

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by kitcardirect
Hi David,
Can you please PM me an order number and I'll looking into this for you. I've been covering ALL email and phone calls since March, and it's been relentless, but I'm getting through it. We have processes to deal with emails, so I'm surprised we've missed it and just sent you back a link..... that doesn't sound right?

Let me know and I'll look into it.

Neil

quote:
Originally posted by DavidIt
today 17 november 2020.
David

adampage

posted on 20/11/20 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think they've done really well

I've had great service from MK through COVID, so maybe if there's a blip then it's just an oversight, it sounds like they've done their best!
davimora

posted on 1/2/21 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
i'm sure they are doing the best. is not this the point.

but... (it's a simplification) can you accept the answer "wait XXX months, we are building a new factory" when you order a phone from amazon?
you will try to cancel the order immediatly. right?

in November 2020 Neil kindly told me they are "making a new mould for make 4 seasts".
ok, nice for MK, but..

... since the promised production time is (at the moment) x3 times (9 months at today).
... since i had to buy other seats for sell this car.
... since i financed the production of this new mould...
... can i get back my money back?

this is my point.

-
if somebody is interested on buy this seats.. please contact me.

davimora

posted on 1/2/21 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
hi, thanks for answer.
i got several answers, last one in november 2020.
just not the expected one)
i know MK have a good reputation. i was close to buy the mx5-based kit.
that's why i find the whole thing strange.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.