And Tiger probably still claim they have sold hundreds of chassis'

Pat ;-)

DaveFJ - 25/10/07 at 07:48 AM

Was thinking the same myself....

progress:-
still waiting for intlet manifold..
& trying to work out how to rewire my hazard switch

nathanharris1987 - 25/10/07 at 07:56 AM

the average IQ of the avon builder has gone up thus less posts on tinternet, very stealthy. We will all come out to play at once!

desmo - 25/10/07 at 08:48 AM

A lot of time is spend in problemsolving, this means less time to mail ;-)

greetz,
Desmo

Rudy - 25/10/07 at 12:07 PM

if you post your problem, maybe we will solve it quickly

DaveFJ - 25/10/07 at 12:22 PM

OK - you want to take on the challenge!!

here is the schematic for my Hazard switch

Description
Description

currently pin 6 is the supply from the flasher relay, 5 and 7 are the left and right indicator circuits. and i have 1 spare wire on the tiger loom - a black earth wire I beleive....

I reckon that by connecting my earth to pin 3 I can get the light inside the switch to flash (however that would mean making a new link iside the switch from the light to pin 3 direct.....)BUT .... how can i wire this so that the switch will illuminate steadily when the lights are on ???

I have stripped the switch down and it is hideously complicated inside so internal reworking will be very difficult......

Unfortunately this switch cost me £25 and my dash is now cut to fit it so don't want to replace it.....

[Edited on 25/10/07 by DaveFJ]

andrew.carwithen - 25/10/07 at 01:10 PM

Dave, what hazard switch are you using?
(got a pic?)

t.j. - 25/10/07 at 04:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rudy
Hi friends,
where are you ?
Avon tread seems died.
Ciao Rudy

I'm still around
But not that i'm really building an Avon
Hows Italy these days?

Days are getting shorter here and colder.
You are still driving in the Sun?

Grtz

Rudy - 25/10/07 at 04:18 PM

Here too, shorter and colder days.
I will need to install the doors to save me from some cold.

Rudy - 25/10/07 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrew.carwithen
Dave, what hazard switch are you using?
(got a pic?)

Yes what kind of sw are you using, I can't understand your schematic

DaveFJ - 25/10/07 at 04:31 PM

Its from vwp and you can see it in the pics on my site or in my photo archive.
On train at the month so can't link properly. The switch links pins 1 and 4 when off and links 5,6,7. And 2,3 when on. These 2 sets of pins are linked via the bulb.
Clear as mud?

desmo - 26/10/07 at 06:59 AM

At the moment, the problems with the Webcon system are solved, and I found a way to propel my waterpump the opposite way on my phase 3 Zetec. But I 'll be back when I tackle the electricity!
greetz,
Desmo

Rudy - 27/10/07 at 09:59 AM

Dave, now I understand.
With that kind of sw (if your schematic is correct) you can't fire the bulb with sw off.
However I think it is not a problem, when you drive in the dark, if you have that bulb on you will hate it.
Thanks Rudy

DaveFJ - 1/11/07 at 12:22 PM

Solved the problem.... by buying a new switch!!!

Got one from SVC, as usual very good service (24 hours phone call to delivery!) and the switch ended up costing £10 less (delivered) than the VWP item - and looks better! (if you look on the SVC website it's the Hella one)

HERE
about 3/4 way down the page

This one arrived with a very complex wiring diagram and has 9 pins!!!

however after some experimentation with a multimeter I was able to work out the correct (5) connections and now it works beautifully! glows dimly when lights are on and flashes with the indicators when switched on.

[Edited on 1/11/07 by DaveFJ]

David Jenkins - 1/11/07 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
Solved the problem.... by buying a new switch!!!

Got one from SVC, as usual very good service (24 hours phone call to delivery!) and the switch ended up costing £10 less (delivered) than the VWP item - and looks better! (if you look on the SVC website it's the Hella one)

That's what I've got - it works very well, although the first time I used it I got confused! When the button is IN the hazards are OFF, when it's OUT the hazards are ON.

Remember to keep the plastic cover thingy on when you go for the SVA, as it's got the correct symbol on it. It also keeps the switch dry, which is a bonus.

cheers,
David

DaveFJ - 1/11/07 at 12:38 PM

CA instruments, plus all the usual suspects
CA instruments, plus all the usual suspects

Yup - that's the beastie! I'm very pleased with it - I think it is actually nicer than the one it replaces - although the 9 pins in a spiral were very confusing!

Rudy - 1/11/07 at 06:46 PM

Weel .
Dave, did you change your dash panel? I like it.

DaveFJ - 1/11/07 at 08:07 PM

that's Dave Jenkins dash... and it looks just as good in the flesh....